Waitrose 2016

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Agreed, I think Waitrose wins this year :)

Although I quite like the Sainsburys one too - it was made near where we live too!

Reaction score
A Ba ah Humbug Christmas to you too Mr Grumpy. I must admit that I am a bit that way now, I used to love Christmas when the kids were at home, but now they live one in Oxford and one down in Somerset I do not see them that often.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I still have one offspring that lives fairly local but one's in Cardiff and the other in Bath so when that time of year occurs I just keep me head down and hope it passes quickly. Never was mad keen on it anyhow.

My three only ever knew me hungover Christmas morning cos all through their life I'd be working Christmas Eve playing records and always became somewhat imbibed during the course of events, I work better tanked up (or so I told myself) and never got home til around 2am.

Of course they were all up at 5am or thereabouts and I had to be there for the pressie opening.

Oh, in case you're wondering I always had somebody working with me who'd stay sober, help lug the equipment and drive.

But this commercial side of a Christian celebration? I have sincerely disliked the whole thing for some considerable time now.

Reaction score
I was in the Kent Fire Brigade when my children were small so missed many Christmas unwrapping's and it was surprising how many shouts we had over the Christmas period. Oh happy days.

Reaction score
I will admit i'm not a big fan tbh. Look forward to seeing my lad who is 9 now. So his face being a picture over the period is worth it :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Didn't know what the trampoline ad was till tonight.

Now I know I'm not particularly impressed. :)

Ask a Question