Wait Cursor

Samuel Shulman

The Wait Cursor is not visible in one of my devices

Can I change it in the settings somewhere

Thank you,
Samuel

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

How about telling us *something* about the devices?! They are generic
Windows CE devices (what version), that you built? They are Pocket PC
devices of some version (which one)? We do not read minds on Fridays...

Paul T.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

OK, and your problem appears on one of how many otherwise-identical devices?
Am I correct in saying that you have this problem only on one device and
that the others, which are running the same version of the operating system
and are from the same manufacturer do no have the problem? Does something
else happen when you try to show the wait cursor on the bad device? What
code are you using to show the cursor?

Paul T.

Samuel Shulman said:
Pocket PC Windows 2003 SE

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:%[email protected]...
How about telling us *something* about the devices?! They are generic
Windows CE devices (what version), that you built? They are Pocket PC
devices of some version (which one)? We do not read minds on Fridays...

Paul T.

Samuel Shulman

I don't have another device to compare but the Emulator does show the wait
cursor when executing this code below

Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor
Thank you,

Samuel

Samuel Shulman said:
Pocket PC Windows 2003 SE

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam
DOT com> wrote in message news:%[email protected]...
How about telling us *something* about the devices?! They are generic
Windows CE devices (what version), that you built? They are Pocket PC
devices of some version (which one)? We do not read minds on Fridays...

Paul T.

The Wait Cursor is not visible in one of my devices

Can I change it in the settings somewhere

Thank you,
Samuel

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

So, to summarize, you have *one* device that is not showing the wait cursor
that you expect? Your application is in front when you execute the code
indicated? What device type are you emulating and what actual device
OS/version do you have?

Paul T.

DOT com> wrote in message
How about telling us *something* about the devices?! They are generic
Windows CE devices (what version), that you built? They are Pocket PC
devices of some version (which one)? We do not read minds on
Fridays...

Paul T.

The Wait Cursor is not visible in one of my devices

Can I change it in the settings somewhere

Thank you,
Samuel

Samuel Shulman

Device is by the client all I know is that it is Windows Mobile 2003SE

Regards,
Samuel

DOT com> wrote in message
How about telling us *something* about the devices?! They are generic
Windows CE devices (what version), that you built? They are Pocket PC
devices of some version (which one)? We do not read minds on
Fridays...

Paul T.

The Wait Cursor is not visible in one of my devices

Can I change it in the settings somewhere

Thank you,
Samuel

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Pocket PC or Smart Phone?

Paul T.

DOT com> wrote in message
How about telling us *something* about the devices?! They are
generic Windows CE devices (what version), that you built? They are
Pocket PC devices of some version (which one)? We do not read minds
on Fridays...

Paul T.

The Wait Cursor is not visible in one of my devices

Can I change it in the settings somewhere

Thank you,
Samuel

Samuel Shulman

Pocket PC

DOT com> wrote in message
[...]

I have no PPC2003 devices, but it works perfectly on a WM5 Pocket PC. Are
you setting the cursor, then performing some sort of a long process inline?
Maybe the message loop needs to be run a few times before the cursor appears
correctly or something.

Paul T.

Pocket PC