W2K3 NLB - Not responding to outside network

atprb

I have set up NLB between 2 W2K3 Servers (Web Edition).

The cluster will NOT respond to a Ping or Web Request from an outside
network.

The cluster only responds to requests made from clients on the same subnet
in which case everything (including auto-failover) works perfectly.

I have made sure that:
-the router has proxy ARP support turned on
-the NICs are supported by NLB (I used Chknic.exe).

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

Brett Keown [MSFT]

Hi atprb,

Thanks again for taking the time to post your question to the Microsoft
Newsgroups. I really wish we could help you with your issue here, but it
seems that the question you have posted is related more to networking and
clustering. (not that I'm an expert in that area). This newsgroup is
intended for ADO.NET development questions. If you have a question related
to our topic, we would be happy to help you. Otherwise, I would probably
ask this question in one of the windows newsgroups. Try
microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering.

Thanks!

Brett Keown
Microsoft Support
(e-mail address removed)