W2k Svr - client change password can't logon again

G

Hi - I have a recurring problem with clients on our w2k server based network.

System is setup to force password change every couple of months. A common problem is user changes password, but then cannot logon afterwards. at first I thought they were being typical users and making an error - but I've seen it and it does happen quite regularly.

Any ideas???

W

what2do

On Users setup you can untick default User to change
password... also in account policies under administration
tools there is a section with password expiry and fore
change.

-----Original Message-----

System is setup to force password change every couple of
months. A common problem is user changes password, but
then cannot logon afterwards. at first I thought they
were being typical users and making an error - but I've
seen it and it does happen quite regularly.

S

Steven L Umbach

Can they logon with their old passwords?? Does this happen immediately on the same
domain workstation. Exactly what error do they receive? What kind on clients? A guess
is that it may be a replication problem with domain controllers or possibly dns
misconfiguration in the domain. I would run first netdiag and then dcdiag on your
domain controllers looking for any failed tests/warnings/fatal errors and also enable
auditing of account logon events in Domain Controller Security Policy checking the
security log on Event Viewer to see what the failed logons report as reasons. ---
Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301423

Rod said:

System is setup to force password change every couple of months. A common problem
is user changes password, but then cannot logon afterwards. at first I thought they
were being typical users and making an error - but I've seen it and it does happen
quite regularly.

Ask a Question