VueScan S#

Roger

Does any one know where VueScan stores the serial# for activation.

I upgraded the motherboard and had to reinstall XP Pro. I still have
all the original files on one drive, but haven't been able to find the
S#. I thought it was in my Download files, but aparently not.

Looks like I may have to purchase another copy if I can't find it.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Wayne Fulton

Does any one know where VueScan stores the serial# for activation.

I upgraded the motherboard and had to reinstall XP Pro. I still have
all the original files on one drive, but haven't been able to find the
S#. I thought it was in my Download files, but aparently not.

Looks like I may have to purchase another copy if I can't find it.

Try this for the serial number:

https://www.hamrick.com/rep.html

Alex Stols

Roger said:
Does any one know where VueScan stores the serial# for activation.

I upgraded the motherboard and had to reinstall XP Pro. I still have
all the original files on one drive, but haven't been able to find
the
S#. I thought it was in my Download files, but aparently not.

Looks like I may have to purchase another copy if I can't find it.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Hello Roger,

I'm almost certain the serial number for Windows systems is stored in
the register; for other OS's I don't know. I also haven't found out
where in the register it sits, but I seem to remember looking it up
at one time. This probably won't help you much :(

Regards, Alex
alexUNDERSCOREstolsATxs4allDOTnl

Bob

Does any one know where VueScan stores the serial# for activation.

I upgraded the motherboard and had to reinstall XP Pro. I still have
all the original files on one drive, but haven't been able to find the
S#. I thought it was in my Download files, but aparently not.

Looks like I may have to purchase another copy if I can't find it.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

From https://www.hamrick.com/rep.html :

Updated Serial Number or Invoice
Use the form below if you need an updated serial number or an invoice.
The serial number will be displayed at the bottom of the invoice.
You can generate an invoice if you know either:

Original credit card number, or
Original e-mail address and serial number

Tampa Bob

Bart van der Wolf

<Alex Stols> wrote in message
SNIP
I'm almost certain the serial number for Windows systems
is stored in the register; for other OS's I don't know. I also
haven't found out where in the register it sits, but I seem to
remember looking it up at one time.

It is in the "vueprint" key of the Windows Registry. Don't forget to
erase that key if you sell/dispose of your computer.

Bart

ThomasH

Bart said:
<Alex Stols> wrote in message
SNIP

It is in the "vueprint" key of the Windows Registry. Don't forget to
erase that key if you sell/dispose of your computer.

Bart

Actually this would be a task of a vue_unist.exe !!!

Thomas

Roger

Does any one know where VueScan stores the serial# for activation.

I upgraded the motherboard and had to reinstall XP Pro. I still have
all the original files on one drive, but haven't been able to find the
S#. I thought it was in my Download files, but aparently not.

Looks like I may have to purchase another copy if I can't find it.

Thanks to all who gave suggestions on where to find it and how to find
it (not the same thing )

I went to the site and had enough information to get them to send me a
copy of the invoice with the number.

Now I also know where to find it on the computer.