VS2005 IDE Development

Harry Simpson

Since I'm doing all my web development in VS2005, I thought why not move the
PPC development into 2005 too. Course I want to use the latest greatest.
Still want to deploy to Pocket PC 2003 device at the moment. It all
compiles but the runtime version for most eveything is "v1.1.4322".

Do I just continue to use CF 1.1? or can I use CF2?

Do I continue to use SQL CE 2? or do I use SQLServer Mobile (3.0)?

anyone been down this road. Any comments greatly appriciated!!

TIA
Harry

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

You can use whichever framework version you want.

If you use .NET CF 2.0, you have to use something other than SQL CE 2. If
you continue to use .NET CF 1.0, you have to stick with SQL CE 2.

Paul T.

Harry Simpson

Thanks Paul!!

That's what I needed to know. So if I develop in VS2005 using .NET CF 2.0,
I can deploy to Pocket PC 2003 OS device but will have to use SQL CE 3
correct?

This really helps clear the cobwebs for me....really appreciate the
response.

Harry

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

You'll have to use SQL Mobile, yes. SQL Mobile will not directly read or
write SQL CE 2.0 databases, so you'll have to convert anything that's
already out there, also.

Paul T.