VS2005 CF2 SP2 setup

H

Harry Simpson

I've got an app in VS2005 that insists on running on the Cf 2.0 RTM (v2.0.5238) unless that is the CAB copied over in dubug run I get errors and the app will not run.
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

I've installed CF2SP2 on the device and it's redistributables are at

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v2.0\WindowsCE\wce500\armv4i\NETCFv2.wm.armv4i.cab

this cab file is dated 2/14/2007 and 2,195KB.

I'm really confused at this point - HAd been working happily in VS2008 with CF3.5 and had to go back to my VS2005 project but now debug doesn't work. If I just deploy and copy over the CF2.0 RTM and install manually then start the app on the device it runs great.

How do I tell VS2005 to use a specific version of CF2 during construction and debug mode run to device from IDE????

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Harry

PS I'm using a few PInvokes but they ought to work in the latest CF versions right?

J

Jayesh

I've got an app in VS2005 that insists on running on the Cf 2.0 RTM (v2.0.5238) unless that is the CAB copied over in dubug run I get errors and the app will not run.
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

I've installed CF2SP2 on the device and it's redistributables are at

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v2.0\WindowsCE\wce500\armv4i\NETCFv2.wm.armv4i.cab

this cab file is dated 2/14/2007 and 2,195KB.

I'm really confused at this point - HAd been working happily in VS2008 with CF3.5 and had to go back to my VS2005 project but now debug doesn't work. If I just deploy and copy over the CF2.0 RTM and install manually then start the app on the device it runs great.

How do I tell VS2005 to use a specific version of CF2 during construction and debug mode run to device from IDE????

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Harry

PS I'm using a few PInvokes but they ought to work in the latest CF versions right?

Hi,
Two things you can do in this matter. These may not be exact solution
to the problem but you can consider it as workaround.
1) You can tell VS2005 not to deploy CF2.0 every time you start the
application in debug mode. Project Properties -> Device Tab -> uncheck
option Deploy Latest version of .NET CF. It won't deploy the CF2.0.

2) You can build your project and copy the dlls to the device, start
the application manually on the device and attach the process to
VS2005 debugger.
here is the complete explanation about how to attach managed process
on devices.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b1ksfbk7(VS.80).aspx
Go to : Attach to an Already Running Managed Process

Thanks,
Jayesh Modha

H

Harry Simpson

Thanks Jayesh,

I've actually dug a deeper hole to fall into.....

I flashed the ROM with the CF2 SP2 and now I can't get my original app to
finish deploying at all without an error and the device will not let me copy
over and install the the CF2 RTM version since it would require removing the
existing version according to the device prompts. So I'm gonna have to give
MS a shout to see how I can explicitly run the CF2 SP2 from debug mode for
this project.

Thanks
Harry

Ask a Question