VS 2005 and CE 4.2

Tommy

How can i develop and debug witha ce 4.2 device? Visual Studio only shows
WM2003 and CE5.0.

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy

Great. I have a CE 5.0 device I tried to use. It appears to have been
supported but there does not seem to be a version of the compact framework
that works with it. It's a Symbol MC3000. I see arm4i but it's not happy on
my device.

Does anyone know what framework can be used with this device with vstudio
2005?

Ginny Caughey [MVP]

Tommy,

There are separate ARM cabs for CFv2 for CE and WM. Did you try the CE one?
Did you get any error messages when you tried to install it? And Visual
Studio 2005 should have automatically deployed the correct CAB file.
Sometimes I find I have to hard-reset devices when installing a new version
of the Compact Framework, so you might try that too.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

If it's CE 5, it should probably support both framework versions with
programming connectivity to VS 2005. I don't have any experience with that
particular device, but the device vendor should know what to do to run the
framework on the device and which versions are supported...

Paul T.

Tommy

It tries to deploy the ce5 version for arm4i.

The only error I see is that the version of the framework needs to be
higher. I do have 1.0 on. I believe the new framework install is failing and
the app is only seeing the existing 1.0

Ilya Tumanov [MS]

Please see this on installation issues:
http://blogs.msdn.com/netcfteam/archive/2005/10/11/479793.aspx

--
Best regards,

Ilya

*** Want to find answers instantly? Here's how... ***

1. Go to
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework?hl=en
2. Type your question in the text box near "Search this group" button.
3. Hit "Search this group" button.
4. Read answer(s).

Ginny Caughey said:
Tommy,

There are separate ARM cabs for CFv2 for CE and WM. Did you try the CE
one? Did you get any error messages when you tried to install it? And
Visual Studio 2005 should have automatically deployed the correct CAB
file. Sometimes I find I have to hard-reset devices when installing a new
version of the Compact Framework, so you might try that too.

--
Ginny Caughey
.NET Compact Framework MVP

Tommy said:
Great. I have a CE 5.0 device I tried to use. It appears to have been
supported but there does not seem to be a version of the compact
framework that works with it. It's a Symbol MC3000. I see arm4i but it's
not happy on my device.

Does anyone know what framework can be used with this device with
vstudio 2005?

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <ptobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT com>
wrote in message It's not supported with VS 2005. You can use VS 2003.

Paul T.

How can i develop and debug witha ce 4.2 device? Visual Studio only
shows WM2003 and CE5.0.

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy:

I have a MC3000 device too but is Win CE .NET 4.2 OS. IS it OS the same in
your device? if the answer is true, could you tell me if you could convert a
..mdb databse into the device?

What kind databse format are you work into the device?

Thanks,

Joseph