VPN Install Problem

Hi:

I tried to install the Cisco VPN Client on a new Laptop – Dell Inspiron
640m. Actually, I have installed it for a lot of our company’s Dell Laptops.
There are not any problem. But I have a problem on the new Dell Laptop.

When I tried to install, it got very slow and didn't seem to do a complete
install. I kept getting an error message about the Deterministic Networks
Enhancer Miniport Driver. Deterministic Network enhancer Miniport has not
passed Windows Logo testing to verify it compatibility with Windows XP. I
click continue install to continue it. But the installing seems stuck there.
I waited it for 20 minutes. Finally, I kill the process from Task Manager.

When I want to uninstall Cisco VPN Client from Add/Move Programs, there is
not it. But I found Cisco VPN adapter from Network Connections. I want to
delete it. It would not let me to do it. I deleted them from the device
manager. But I notice that in the device manager, there is an error with the
Deterministic Network Enhancer miniport driver. I thought that it is related
with Cisco VPN Adapter, I want to uninstall the Deterministic Network
enhancer miniport driver. It wouldn’t let me uninstall them. It says they are
need for the boot up process. After I boot it up, it still is in there.

Now, I could not install Cisco VPN Client completely on the new Laptop.

Anybody could tell me how I might be able to troubleshoot the problem?
Thanks in advance,

--qq

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

You may need to remove the Cisco VPN client manually. This how to may help,

How to uninstall Cisco VPN client If above mentioned uninstall applications fail, you can uninstall Cisco VPN Client manually by deleting files and modifying the Microsoft Windows registry. ...
www.howtonetworking.com/cisco/ciscovpnclient1.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
[...]

Hello, Robert,

Thank you so much for your help. I will try to uninstall Cisco VPN client
manually.

--Qing

Steve Graham

I am having the same issue with a Dell Inspirion 1505. I was able to use a system restore from a date prior to the attempted install of the VPN client to get rid of these network adapters. But I am still unable to successfully install this client. I am wondering if wiping the Dell Image and installing XP Pro would resolve the problem. Were you able to figure out this problem and if so... How did you do it?

TIA,
Steve

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Which Cisco VPN client version are you using?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
<Steve Graham> wrote in message I am having the same issue with a Dell Inspirion 1505. I was able to use a system restore from a date prior to the attempted install of the VPN client to get rid of these network adapters. But I am still unable to successfully install this client. I am wondering if wiping the Dell Image and installing XP Pro would resolve the problem. Were you able to figure out this problem and if so... How did you do it?

TIA,
Steve

http://www.eggheadcafe.com