VPN Client - doesn't work

I have idea to access my company LAN (Win2K servers, Win2K & Win XP Pro
workstations) from notebook via Internet VPN channel. My company LAN is
connected to the Internet via D-Link DFL-700 hardware VPN firewall and DSL
connection. I've tested VPN client-server channel to my company LAN with
hardware VPN client (D-Link DI-804 router) - it works perfectly. I try
Windows XP native VPN Client - no success. I've downloaded instructions from
D-Link and Linksys (I use also Linksys hardware) explaining how to set up
Windows XP native VPN client - very detailed and deeply changing Windows
behaviour with plenty settings via mmc console. I try to apply article 314076
from Microsoft Knowledge Base. Nothing works. I've discussed the problem with
D-Link and Linksys hot-line. I hear: "Let buy third party solution. Nobody
could use Win XP VPN Client, it is unsable". I still hope, that I can use it.
Could anybody help me? Any real and detailed instruction, how to setup Win
XP VPN Client for accessing hardware VPN server? Anybody exist in this forum
who has positive experience with Win XP VPN Client accessing hardware VPN
server?
My E-mail address: (e-mail address removed)

Robert L [MS-MVP]

what's the error code? this troubleshooting page may help,
http://www.chicagotech.net/VPN process.htm

Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, Remote Access on
http://www.HowToNetworking.com
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Win XP native VPN Client" <Win XP native VPN
news:[email protected]...