Voyager 1

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Today i have watched my eldest son and his football team win the Area Cup against the league Champions on penalties..absolutely brilliant, only at the end me , my wife , youngest children Aaron and Charlotte were soaked and freezing..it poured down all game !! ,it made me think about coldness and i remebered Voyager 1 out in the darkest reaches of our Solar System and how cold it was (It is part of us !!) and i gazed upwards and contemplated on where it was , is ,and how its was doing ????

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/JPLvoyagerModule/JPLvoyagerModule.html

Sad i know but space is again part of us all and we should realise that its vastness is uncomprehendable :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I find this sort of thing amazing too, I just wish we could do a little more to explore it. Unfortunately it's only really NASA that has the money for any big mission, and they are cutting back too.

Some say it's hard to justify exploring the solar system when when people are poor/sick/dying and all sort of other things that money could help fix, but I think you have to have something to aspire to and push boundaries. Its kind of like the sea voyages of the 1400's all over again!

Good link Rush, I'm just watching the tour now :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
To get everyone started...we have seen how mans furthest arm is reaching out into infinite space...how the search for other life is continuing ..but for basics read and visualise this ..
.our own Solar System ;)

http://www.seds.org/billa/tnp/overview.html

Just think ....

more will follow ??

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yes I remember in the 70's when I was following the Voyager mission and what really facinated me at that time was the golden Laser Disk. It is something which after almost 29 years is already obsolete on our own planet :)

Rush, have you come across any theories as to what was it like before the big bang? This question has been bothering me for quite some time now but not sure where to look for a possible answer. Even though it may just be a theory.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... have you come across any theories as to what was it like before the big bang?
Someone, or something, lit the fuse ...

:)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Someone, or something, lit the fuse ...

:)

Aaha, groping in the dark, that's interesting.
nod.gif

So, anyone else want to define someone or something as suggested by Mucks?;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
They'll have a bloody hard job finding anything ... it blew-up, unless you can 'retrieve' all the pieces. :)

I've read some in-depth theories and well ... whoosh, a lot of it just goes over my head.

I think I have good logic ... and that says quite simply ... what you have now, in space, can only be fragments of what was there to start with.

Take a Bomb, set it off, now go get all the bits ... you should find most of it somewhere. ;)

NEXT! :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Then there's the question of whether all the bits landed in this universe... or are all the bits simply different universes, 'floating' around in something bigger, as our galaxys 'float' around in our universe? & where would such a theory end? That one could be extrapolated on forever *shrugs*

& while science fiction might have us gleefully hopping from universe to universe in joyous exploration, personally I would find it extreemly unlikely that even the most basic laws of physics would be similar from one universe to the next. Let alone the 'table of elements' of which we are all made. Just because a difference is beyond our comprehension does not mean that it does not exist... *shrugs*

Or perhaps this is all that is...
& we are all merely chunks of energy, continually changing form as Einstein suggests, but never arriving.
In which case it seems smart to enjoy the journey ;)