Voice quality in PowerPoint Audio

I need some guidance on improving the sound quality in a powerpoint presentation set up to teach patients about risks and benefits of certain medications. I am using a Dell Dimension 8300 with a Pentium 4 processor with 1 GB dual channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz and a
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card.
I ran the speech recognition training and microphone setup porgrams in the Speech Utility under Control Panel with no difficulty. The sound using the handheld microphone was excellent.
However after adding voince comments to my powerpoint presentation, the recordings played back sounded scratchy and with little fidelity. Thinking it was the microphone, I switched to another one on a headset, reran the microphone setup and again got good quality recording during the setup. I rerecorded the powerpoint show, only to find the voice output was poor with the same scratchy, low fidelity qualities.
Any thoughts on how to improve this?

Glen Millar

Lee,

When you narrate your presentation, there is an option to set the sound
quality of your recording. Go to: Slideshow| Record Narration| and the
Change Quality button. But remember that increasing quality will increase
the total size of your file (if sounds embedded) or directory (if sounds
linked).

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com

Lee said:
[...]

TAJ Simmons

Lee,

Have you tried changing the "quality" setting when you are recording the narration?

There are 3 standard settings
- cd quality
- radio quality
- telephone quality

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
free powerpoint templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com