Visual C++ Runtime error

G

i keep getting "Runtime error! C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe abnormal program termination" every time I access my folder of pictures. XP would start showing the pictures and then stop 2/3rds down the folder. I would be unable to see the pictures afterwards, unless I specify XP to "Open with..."

I have tried to chkdsk /f, but the error keeps happening. Is there any way to fix this without having to reload XP from scratch?

G

I am having the same problem when I try to use Photo-Parade. the same error messege. program just freezes. have to reboot, then same thing happens again. any help would be appreciated.

G

I'm getting same problem every time I try to open a pic from My Pictures. I can access the pics from Explorer, and "open with" but not from any program via File, Open, My Pictures. I found one possible answer from an internet group suggesting that one of the programs might be a trial or unregistered program, but all of mine are legit.

Ask a Question