VistaFirewallControl info: The operation can not be completed

Doug

I use Sphinx Vista Firewall Control which is an add-on to get basic user
control of the outbound protection offered by the Windows Firewall
integrated with Vista.

At the systray I frequently get this (slightly pink) message:

"VistaFirewallControl info: The operation can not be completed now because
of (viz) your computer is under heavy load. Please retry."

I have no idea what "operation" it is referring to. It often occurs when I
am doing nothing, but the disk activity suggests that Vista may be indexing
files.

When I click on this error message it pops up the following dialog in the
middle of the screen:

"The action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose
'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem.

[Switch To] [Retry] [Cancel]"

I have no idea what "other program" it refers to, particularly as I see this
sometimes when I am not running any applications and have turned off the
Sidebar. When I press [Switch To] it has the same effect as left-clicking
the Vista "Start" button but achieves nothing useful. [Retry] achieves
nothing and [Cancel] is greyed out.

It is irksome and uninstalling and reinstalling Sphinx Vista Firewall
Control has not resolved the problem.

I have 2GB RAM and 100GB of free hard drive capacity and a dual core AMD
processor - a fairly standard sort of Vista setup.

Doug

Doug

Thanks, Joel.

Yes, my Sphinx version is 1.1.1.1

The Server Busy warning has no OK and doesn't close by clicking the X (top
right) - only [Switch To] or a reboot does anything.

The problem may have been something to do with Asus aaCenter.exe and ProbeII
(which measures temperature and voltage). I have uninstalled all Asus
software and removed all its folders and purged the registry of all
Asus/aaCenter/ProbeII references and have had no more warnings so far and
the system seems much faster. I'm hoping it's cured! - Doug

Doug

Thanks Mick

Trouble is I look at task manager, scratch my head and don't know what's
going on!

Here is what I see (via OCR - the PNG image was rejected as too large).
aaCenter.exe may be the problem - googling shows bad comments. Joel's
comment about two or more apps trying to access the same memory address at
the same time has set me thinking...

Doug
=========================
:Is Windows Task Manager
File Options View Help

Applications Processes Services I Performance I Networking I Users

Image Name Us... Memor...
Description
aaCenter.exe Doug 00 936 K aaCenter.exe
brpjp04a.exe Doug 00 1,004 K brcdcmon
BrStsVind.exe Doug 00 1,108 K brstswnd
csrss.exe 00 1,184K
dwm.exe Doug 02 28,260 K Desktop Window Manager
EditPadPro.exe Doug 00 8,980 K EditPad Pro
explorer.exe Doug 00 8,072 K Windows Explorer
MSASCui.exe Doug 00 1,088 K Windows Defender User Interface
nod32kui.exe Doug 00 1,108 K NOD32 Control Center GUI
rundll32.exe Doug 00 412 K Windows host process (Rund1132)
rundll32.exe Doug 00 756 K Windows host process (Rund1132)
SecCopy.exe Doug 00 672K SecCopy
sfpagent.exe Doug 00 132 K Virtual Printer Agent
sidebar.exe Doug 00 3,064 K Windows Sidebar
sidebar.exe Doug 03 11,460 K Windows Sidebar
smax4pnp.exe Doug 00 932 K SMax4PNP
SnagIt32.exe Doug 04 7,952 K SnagIt 8
SnagPriv.exe Doug 00 684 K SnagIt RPC Helper
stickies.exe Doug 00 1,388 K Stickies 6.0c
taskeng.exe Doug 00 572 K Task Scheduler Engine
taskeng.exe Doug 00 1,540 K Task Scheduler Engine
taskmgr.exe Doug 04 2,168 K Windows Task Manager
TscHelp.exe Doug 00 324 K TechSmith HTML Help Helper
unsecapp.exe Doug 00 1,044 K Sink to receive asynchronous callbacks for WMI
client application
VistaFirewallControl.exe Doug 00 1,360 K Vista Firewall Control
winlogon.exe 00 660 K
WinMail.exe Doug 00 5,708 K Windows Mail
WINWORD.EXE Doug 00 16,440 K Microsoft Office Word
wmpnscfg.exe Doug 00 736 K Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
Configuration Application
iC,Show processes from all users
Processes: 64 CPU Usage: 13% Physical Memory: 40%