Vista won't allow me to use soundblaster drivers

Des

Keep getting message Windows has found better driver. No get lost I
want to use the ones that came with the card.

Why not ?????

Shenan Stanley

Des said:
Keep getting message Windows has found better driver. No get lost I
want to use the ones that came with the card.

Why not ?????

Not really enough information to determine if the drivers you have are the
latest from the manufacturer and/or the latest from the manufacturer that
they have given (paid for) Microsoft to put on the Windows/Microsoft
updates...

What *exactly* is your sound card?

Windows Vista _____ Edition with Service Pack _, __-bit?

R. C. White

Hi, Des.

"Des" wrote in message
Keep getting message Windows has found better driver. No get lost I want
to use the ones that came with the card.
Why not ?????

I retired my last SoundBlaster years ago and now use an onboard sound chip.
But, as I recall, there are at least dozens and probably hundreds of
different models of SoundBlaster cards. Which ONE do you have? And which
specific version of Vista?

Even if you just bought your card today, the drivers in the box may be
months old. They may pre-date Vista!

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA