Vista wakes up from sleep at 4:am!!!

Markku T.

I record TV programs with WMCenter using scheduled recording. This works fine
also if I put PC in sleep mode, it wakes up and record. Vista goes back to
sleep after recording but wakes up to do something at 4:am. Earlier this
didn't happend, so there must be some new timed task. I can not find what it
is fom "scheduled tasks". Can anyone advice me?

Jon

Markku T. said:
I record TV programs with WMCenter using scheduled recording. This works
fine
also if I put PC in sleep mode, it wakes up and record. Vista goes back to
sleep after recording but wakes up to do something at 4:am. Earlier this
didn't happend, so there must be some new timed task. I can not find what
it
is fom "scheduled tasks". Can anyone advice me?

Within Media Center check

Tasks > Settings > General > Optimization

Michael A. Covington

Markku T. said:
I record TV programs with WMCenter using scheduled recording. This works
fine
also if I put PC in sleep mode, it wakes up and record. Vista goes back to
sleep after recording but wakes up to do something at 4:am. Earlier this
didn't happend, so there must be some new timed task. I can not find what
it
is fom "scheduled tasks". Can anyone advice me?

It could be Automatic Updates. Those are more commonly at 3 a.m.

Markku T.

OK, seems to be MC related. I found from evet log (Media Center part):
"Seuraava ohjaimen ajastettu lataaminen tapahtuu 4/9/2008 4:0:0." meanin
time for next scheduled driver download time.
I also looked Jon's proposal for optimazion, it was uncheked. I cheked and
added time 19:00.

Additionally I tuned "mcupdate" from scheduled tasks, let's see if these
magics works.
Thanks for your quick advices!

kurttrail

Markku said:
I record TV programs with WMCenter using scheduled recording. This works
fine also if I put PC in sleep mode, it wakes up and record. Vista goes
back to sleep after recording but wakes up to do something at 4:am.
Earlier this didn't happend, so there must be some new timed task. I can
not find what it is fom "scheduled tasks". Can anyone advice me?

Vista just wants to be awake for 4:20.

--
Peace!
Kurt

John Henderson

If you have a wirless mouse it could wake the computer but I doubt it since
you state it is waking up at 4:00 am specifically. You must have a program
that is set to perform some task at 4:00 am and it wont show up in task
scheduler because it was not configured there. Go through all your programs
running in the system tray one by one looking for scheduled tasks in its
settings.

tempting2taanzaa

Ok, what are all those tasks in task scheduler? I'm not questioning user
tasks (and I figured out the security software tasks), but tasks like
HotStart, Consolidator, NAPStatus UI, OptinNotification,
SystemSoundsService, etc?

Thanks for the info.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
You can also try opening an elevated cmd prompt
Then run powercfg /lastwake
This will attempt to list the event that woke the machine up.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]