Vista: the worst system ever! Just delete my files impossible to recovery!

Fernando_R

This is the second time this happen with me with Windows Vista, its a shame
Microsoft release such trash. I just try to move or delete a file from a
folder, Windows says that is not possible (!) I press OK and all files on
that folder just desapear. I use search and the files are still there (even
if windows explorer do not show them). But if I try to open the file from
search window: file not found. The missing files cant be found at the trash
or any other place. Great!

Bill Yanaire

orange said:
Bill Yanaire and Frank will explain to you why exactly you are wrong
they are the "vista.general vista experts"

And you chime in with your dribble. You just love negative posts about
Vista. You thrive on them. Now tell everyone that 99.9% of the people are
wrong.

I never said I was a Vista expert but you are a troll. The worst kind.

Bill Yanaire

Fernando_R said:
This is the second time this happen with me with Windows Vista, its a
shame Microsoft release such trash. I just try to move or delete a file
from a folder, Windows says that is not possible (!) I press OK and all
files on that folder just desapear. I use search and the files are still
there (even if windows explorer do not show them). But if I try to open
the file from search window: file not found. The missing files cant be
found at the trash or any other place. Great!

So maybe, just maybe could it be user error? Maybe you don't know how to
back up your files and protect your stuff. I never had a problem with files
just vanishing. You need training and should get a book on Vista. Don't
blame the OS for your lack of experience.

Fernando_R

I'm a Windows user since Windows 95. This is not a question about lack of
experience. I was just moving one file to trash and all other files
desappear. Using the "search" Windows shows the files at the same folder I
expect but if try to open I just receve the message "file not found". You
will continue to say the was my mistake?!

Bill Yanaire

Fernando_R said:
I'm a Windows user since Windows 95. This is not a question about lack of
experience. I was just moving one file to trash and all other files
desappear. Using the "search" Windows shows the files at the same folder I
expect but if try to open I just receve the message "file not found". You
will continue to say the was my mistake?!

Sounds kind of fishy to me. Maybe you thought you were only moving one
file. On the other hand, it's possible that there are corrupted files on
your system. Who knows. What I am saying is that if your system is
functioning correctly you shouldn't have that problem. Do you have access
to another Vista machine? IF so, try to recreate what happened on your
system. If not, take a folder, copy it to another folder so you can try the
move again. If you have problems with the copied folder, then it's not
critical if the files disappear. If the same action happens again, then you
probably have some corruption. Maybe a virus? Could be lots of things.

"Fernando_R" wrote in message
This is the second time this happen with me with Windows Vista, its a
shame Microsoft release such trash. I just try to move or delete a file
from a folder, Windows says that is not possible (!) I press OK and all
files on that folder just desapear. I use search and the files are still
there (even if windows explorer do not show them). But if I try to open
the file from search window: file not found. The missing files cant be
found at the trash or any other place. Great!

This just doesn't sound right. If you try to delete a protected file, the
UAC prompt require permission, but I haven't seen anything about deleting
being "not possible" anywhere. Vista doesn't act that way here.

If it were my machine, I'd scan for a virus, worm, spyware, etc. In fact,
I'd use several different scanners.

Nonny

Hey there, he isn't the only one with this odd file issue

Forget about it. You are replying to someone who is not a registered
user of Vistaheads and who hasn't been active in the thread since it
ENDED OVER THREE MONTHS AGO. None of the people that were active in
that thread will even know what you are talking about (none of them
are registered).