Vista SP1 repair options

Electron

I had trouble with SP1 install and I got some blue-screens, (due to a bad
driver). The p.c. is running now, but USB's don't work properly. So in the
DOS boot up screen after a blue-screen dump, one option says put in original
Windows disk and choose 'repair'. My question is that the original windows
disk doesn't have SP1 files, so how does it do a repair? Does it go back to
original files, or does it leave newer SP1 files alone? So after such a
repair, must I then re-install Sp1?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Repair does not copy files from the DVD.
Repair only copies files from the cache on the local drive and only those
files that are cached.
The cache should have the SP1 files, so you will not have to reinstall SP1.
Now if during repair, you choose the System Restore option and choose a
restore point prior to SP1, then yes you would have to resinstall SP1.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]