Vista sp1 86% faster than vista RTM

On the Bridge!

http://apcmag.com/8373/vista_sp1_up_to_86_faster

I told everyone here that Vista SP1 is around that much faster, but of
course it still is slower than XPSP2
not to mention XPSP3 that is even faster.

--
What people are REALLY saying about Vista:
http://www.microsplot.com/news/2007..._people_are_really_saying_about_windows_vista

50 Ways to leave your Vista....

CHORUS:

You just format the drive , Clive
Get a New Mac , Jack
Y'don't need that crap toy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Boot from a *nix, Jix
You don't need to discuss much
Install XP, Lee
And get yourself free

CZ

OTB:

I have been using SP1 with Vista Business edition for several weeks and I do
not see any difference in performance.

LOL, my new Santa Rosa MacBook came with a lot of useless iCrap that I wish
I did not have to pay for!
BTW, Vista SP1 runs great on the MacBook via VMware Fusion.

Mike Hall - MVP

On the Bridge! said:
http://apcmag.com/8373/vista_sp1_up_to_86_faster

I told everyone here that Vista SP1 is around that much faster, but of
course it still is slower than XPSP2
not to mention XPSP3 that is even faster.

--
What people are REALLY saying about Vista:
http://www.microsplot.com/news/2007..._people_are_really_saying_about_windows_vista

50 Ways to leave your Vista....

CHORUS:

You just format the drive , Clive
Get a New Mac , Jack
Y'don't need that crap toy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Boot from a *nix, Jix
You don't need to discuss much
Install XP, Lee
And get yourself free

My XP is no faster with SP3 than it was before..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Steve Thackery

not to mention XPSP3 that is even faster.

Rubbish. SP3 is merely a rollup of existing patches, plus some very minor
polishing. There is nothing in it to alter its speed.

SteveT

On the Bridge!

Rubbish. SP3 is merely a rollup of existing patches

Temper temper.....
Steve, I think that was what they were saying that SP1 for vista was too..
LOL

am I right or am I right? :) Oh yeah Im right.

hey I havent tried XPSP3 yet because Im waiting for RTM, but here is whats
all around the internet
I am always up to date with everything.. thats how I know so much and thats
why people in here
keep scratching their heads with some of the stuff I say... its ok.. Im used
to being far ahead of the masses..
even the mvps :)

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?articleId=9048658&command=viewArticleBasic

10% is a small difference, its not noticable very much...

On the Bridge!

"Since SP3 was supposed to be mostly a bug-fix/patch consolidation release,
the unexpected speed boost comes as a nice bonus," Barth said. "In fact, XP
SP3 is shaping up to be a 'must-have' update for the majority of users who
are still running Redmond's not-so-latest and greatest desktop OS."

According to the Office performance benchmarks, Windows XP SP3 is also
considerably faster than Vista SP1. "None of this bodes well for Vista,
which is now more than two times slower than the most current builds of its
older sibling," said Barth.

Mike Hall - MVP

On the Bridge! said:
"Since SP3 was supposed to be mostly a bug-fix/patch consolidation
release, the unexpected speed boost comes as a nice bonus," Barth said.
"In fact, XP SP3 is shaping up to be a 'must-have' update for the majority
of users who are still running Redmond's not-so-latest and greatest
desktop OS."

According to the Office performance benchmarks, Windows XP SP3 is also
considerably faster than Vista SP1. "None of this bodes well for Vista,
which is now more than two times slower than the most current builds of
its older sibling," said Barth.

It isn't considerably faster across the board at all, but internet and
network performance may be marginally better than before because of the
inclusion of a network bug fix..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..
http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=newswhelp&style=toc
Mike's Window - My Blog..

On the Bridge!

im just happy to see that people are holding on to the best version of
windows ever, XP,
and that ms will be releasing Ie8 for XP too.
This is irregular.. for example they did not let ie7 be installed on win2k

on xp they let ie7 ie8 and if windows7 is a flop too, ie9 too to be
installed on XP.. lol

Spanky deMonkey

On the Bridge! said:
im just happy to see that people are holding on to the best version of
windows ever, XP,
and that ms will be releasing Ie8 for XP too.
This is irregular.. for example they did not let ie7 be installed on win2k

on xp they let ie7 ie8 and if windows7 is a flop too, ie9 too to be
installed on XP.. lol

You are so happy that you continue to infest this forum. Just FYI

"On the Bridge!" scribbled...
Temper temper.....
Steve, I think that was what they were saying that SP1 for vista was too..
LOL

am I right or am I right? :) Oh yeah Im right.

hey I havent tried XPSP3 yet because Im waiting for RTM, but here is whats
all around the internet
I am always up to date with everything.. thats how I know so much and
thats why people in here
keep scratching their heads with some of the stuff I say... its ok.. Im
used to being far ahead of the masses..
even the mvps :)

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?articleId=9048658&command=viewArticleBasic

10% is a small difference, its not noticable very much...

There's a new course I'd like to recommend.

Punctuation! It's Not Just for Smiley Faces. A Beginner's Guide to
Elementary Sentence Structure.

On the Bridge!

Punctuation! It's Not Just for Smiley Faces. A Beginner's Guide to
Elementary Sentence Structure.

GOOD! Have you tried using it? Because you are capitalizing each word in the
above sentence, which is wrong of course.

GOOD! Have you tried using it? Because you are capitalizing each word in
the above sentence, which is wrong of course.

What sentence? That was a title. Ever read a book, watch a movie, or take a
college course? Obviously, you missed the whole point.

I did not capitalize "every word", as you so blindly assumed. However, as a
retort for my comical way of pointing out that you failed to properly
punctuate your entire reply, I hope it eased your bruised ego. On the other
hand, I interpreted it as "No, I'm not, you are." :p

Your serve. Try to keep the ball in the court this time.

On the Bridge!

Sorry, I am not aware we are having a grammar test while we post on
Usenet...

Here in Usenet its not the better speller that wins, but the smarter poster.
You must NOT know by your stupid assumptions, that spelling has very little
to do with
intelligence. On the contrary geniuses are often dyslexic, some show signs
of autism too.
Even your pal Bill Gates is said to show signes of Asperger Syndrome, a mild
form of autism.
(see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome )

Furthermore you are even MORE stupid in assuming that English should be
known perfectly
from any person in the world. A world that has thousands of languages (6900)
and in fact ENGLISH is a language of a MINORITY (first is Chinese of
course).. *lol* since English comes 4rth in the list of most common
languages world wide. See source
http://www.vistawide.com/languages/top_30_languages.htm

This is the internet baby, not a spelling bee... its a mesh of cultures and
people and minds..
you have to start thinking like a universal creature and leave your limited
perspectives behind.

Furthermore the language used over the internet is a special ever evolving
case, that's full of new
ways of expression and does not always follow strict rules. I cannot use
"LOL" in a book, but I sure can use it over the internet.. LOL.. see?
Your serve. Try to keep the ball in the court this time.

You have lost before we begun. Im slaughtering you! LOL

Bill Yanaire

kevpan815 said:
Windows Vista Service Pack One Is 100% Faster Than RTM, Just FYI.

How did you come to that conclusion, other than pulling it out of thin air?
What test criteria did you use? How did you time the results? Please let
us know.

If not, than what you say is just crap. Just FYI

"On the Bridge!" got off the topic, again...
[...]

Who said anything about spelling? I comically criticized your complete
failure to punctuate, with apostrophies, commas, or periods.

Your first rebutal was to claim the title was an overly capitalized
sentence, now you defend you lack of punctuation by accusing me of
critiquing your spelling. One again, you completely missed the point, and
changed the subject.

Generally speaking, anyone replying to my previous two posts, quoted above,
the way you have, also quoted above, gives the impression of permanent
immaturity. Whether or not this applies to you personnally, I can't say, as
I have only your posted comments to go on. I'm going to suggest you resign
the game, throw in the towel, fold, retreat.

There's a quote I enjoy, "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed
person."

On the Bridge!

I have noticed that this newsgroup attracts a large number of idiots.
You are No. 147847.5

Point five because you have half the wits of an idiot.

BEGONE!

"On the Bridge!" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I have noticed that this newsgroup attracts a large number of idiots.
You are No. 147847.5

Point five because you have half the wits of an idiot.

BEGONE!
ROFLOL :)

Now, that's a perfect example of the permanent immaturity syndrome. Bravo! I
couldn't have proved it so completely without your devoted assistance. :)