Vista RTM BSOD, "PC_INDEX_MISMATCH"

Mark Gillespie

Anyone ever seen this BSOD? I get this every time I go into Backup And
Restore Cenre, Backup Files, I immediately get this BSOD. Googling does
not come up with anything, so I assume this is a new Vista STOP error.

Help...

I seem to be having more problems with RTM, than I did with RC2. Not a
good sign...

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Mark,
What is the stop code?
I haven't seen this one before, but the stop code may help.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:47:33 -0000
<Subject: Vista RTM BSOD, "PC_INDEX_MISMATCH"
<From: "Mark Gillespie" <[email protected]>
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
<
<Anyone ever seen this BSOD? I get this every time I go into Backup And
<Restore Cenre, Backup Files, I immediately get this BSOD. Googling does
<not come up with anything, so I assume this is a new Vista STOP error.
<
<Help...
<
<I seem to be having more problems with RTM, than I did with RC2. Not a
<good sign...
<
<--
<Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
<

Lang Murphy

Don't have that problem here... when I do this, I'm prompted to select a
backup device. No BSOD's.

Lang