Vista Power Options

Article Vista Power Options

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
muckshifter submitted a new article:

Vista Power Options - Vista Power Options

Introduction

I don’t have a Laptop, but for some reason (even in XP) Microsoft seem to think we all have one, and accordingly, set our Power Options to match. Follow this easy guide to find out how to set your Desktop PC to some sort of normality.

There are three levels of preset power management in Vista … Balanced, Power Saver and High Performance … You can find further reading in this...

Read more about this article...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Pls explain why you do not recommend SLEEP. My PC has a 700W psu - I like to turn this off when I'm away.

Reaction score
OK found your comments now - I still think SLEEP should be used with the current generation of power hungry graphics cards (mine is the 8800GTX). Agree with your sentiments tho' - it should be used intelligently.

Reaction score
Even with hibernation off, the hiberfil.sys is still taking up space, so... Run the command prompt as administrator & type "powercfg –h off" ("on" to bring it back), then delete the freaking thing :) It's possible to get rid of it using disk cleanup.

Reaction score
I really don't underrstand this....I am not a novice when it comes to computers, neither am I a guru...my new Dell desktop cannot be programed to shut down automatically, both display and computer..I have written to Dell, they only support their hardware..Microsoft wants $ 59.00 bucks..I firmly believe the Power Options built in is for a Laptop !

I went through Muckshifter's attempt, item by item, line by line and that didn't work either...
Has anybody out there in cyberspace got any other suggestions ???
Thanks
Shopro

Ask a Question