Vista no input signal problem

Juila

Hi all,

The beta Vista worked on my machine with XP in the past. However, I got
no Vista no input signal problem.

What a OS?

CPU Dual->3.2
Memory->2G
M.B.->GA-8I945g-p
Video Card-> MSI Nx6600GT
H.D->SATA
DVD burner -> IDE 0 slave
IDE H.D-> IDE 0 master

Does anyone has any similar problem?

What I noticed was that there were more than one Vista entries in the
bootup screen.
Does that mean I MBR is corrupted. How can I restore a working MBR,
fdisk /mbr?
I tried everyting including installing the XP first and followed by
Vista several times. There was no hope.

Thanx in advance.

John Doe

Juila said:
B.T.W, I have 4 partitions in the first SATA HD.
2 of them are the primary.

Do you have removable media copies of important files from your hard
drive?

Juila

Hi John,

Yeah, I am burning DVDs to back the whole thing up now.
What's the best way to set up a new clean mbr for my SATA.

Thanx

John Doe

This might sound harsh but I'm serious.
In my opinion, generally speaking and ideally, anyone who uses their
personal computer for something important would be required to have
backup copies of important files before asking questions in this
group. I think it's a waste of time at best to answer questions when
the user isn't at least responsible/knowledgeable/skillful enough to
keep backups. What I'm getting at is that maybe your core problem is
deeper than your present problem. Hug a techie, it will do wonders
for your personal computer problems.

Juila

John,
This might sound harsh but I'm serious.
In my opinion, generally speaking and ideally, anyone who uses their
personal computer for something important would be required to have
backup copies of important files before asking questions in this
group.
What is ur logic? If they do not backup their data, they can not ask
questions? This does not make any sense to me, it is not logically at
all if you learned any programming.

I think it's a waste of time at best to answer questions when
the user isn't at least responsible/knowledgeable/skillful enough to
keep backups.
Wrong logic again
responsible/knowledgeable/skillful? Do you mean any person who backup
everyday are very professional including yourself???
There is no logic here at all. How do you judge any person's knowledge
or skills. Newsgroup is a place to offer help, if you are
knowledgeable, answer the question, do not water time to put something
like ur words ...

What I'm getting at is that maybe your core problem is
deeper than your present problem. Hug a techie, it will do wonders
for your personal computer problems.
I hope you are not a fortune teller. If you do not want to answer this
answer, that's fine. Do not waste anyone's time to read your post.
Basically, although there are so many paragraphs in ur post, all your
post are really saying is to back up important data to help you to
build a better logic.

John Doe

Juila said:
John,
Marsha,

What is ur logic? If they do not backup their data, they can not
ask questions? This does not make any sense to me, it is not
logically at all if you learned any programming.

You do programming? Do you have a web page where I can download one
of your programs?
Wrong logic again

What is your real name?
responsible/knowledgeable/skillful? Do you mean any person who
backup everyday are very professional including yourself???

Are you trying to say that you do have backups?
There is no logic here at all. How do you judge any person's
knowledge or skills.

It's common. Inexperienced/naïve users lose their data and then come
here to cry about it.

When something is wrong, you don't try to fix it unless you know
what you're doing. And the very first thing you do is make sure
there are backups.
Newsgroup is a place to offer help, if you are knowledgeable,
answer the question, do not water time to put something like ur
words ...

I'm helping you pass the time until someone else feels like messing
with your problems again.
I hope you are not a fortune teller. If you do not want to answer
this answer, that's fine. Do not waste anyone's time to read your
post.

I understand you are a little frustrated because apparently no one
has provided satisfactory answers to your questions here.
Basically, although there are so many paragraphs in ur post,

There was only one paragraph, are you using a computer translator?

Juila

"John Doe 写é“:
"
You do programming? Do you have a web page where I can download one
of your programs?
I do. However, why do I need to give you free access to it? :)
What is your real name?
It's wrong logic again. It is totally irrelevant and gets nothing to do
with the post
Are you trying to say that you do have backups?
No, but I know how to recover the loss data.
It's common. Inexperienced/naïve users lose their data and then come
here to cry about it.
Haha, have u ever heard data recovery program? U r too objective and
got the wrong logic.
Let us follow ur logic. Basically, you judege people based on whether
they know to do backup or not. Haha

When something is wrong, you don't try to fix it unless you know
what you're doing. And the very first thing you do is make sure
there are backups.

I'm helping you pass the time until someone else feels like messing
with your problems again.
Haha, so you admitted yourself. You basically waste everyone's time
reading the post. Not only you and me are reading it. Remember there
are someone else reading the post as well.
I understand you are a little frustrated because apparently no one
has provided satisfactory answers to your questions here.
No, I am frustrated since u r the first person I met not answering the
question by criticising ppl.
There was only one paragraph, are you using a computer translator?
So, you admitted there is one paragraph and I summaries ur 1 paragraph
using one sentence. Of course, you do need a computer translator to
translate your one
paragraph to one sentence.

Again, you only wate time not answering the question.

We have to close this post since u waste too many ppl's time.

caterbro

Juila said:
Hi all,

The beta Vista worked on my machine with XP in the past. However, I got
no Vista no input signal problem.

do you mean your monitor says "no input signal"

this probably means your vga is trying to display in a mode your
monitor cannot handle.

boot into safe mode w/F8. log into the administrator profile. set the
screen res to 800x600 and default refresh rate - its a little confusing
in Vista,but not that difficult.

remove your VGA from device manager(uninstall). reboot, see what
happens.

it's not that different from troubleshooting XP.
What I noticed was that there were more than one Vista entries in the
bootup screen.
Does that mean I MBR is corrupted.

no. means you have extra boot options in your boot.ini. don't worry
about it.
How can I restore a working MBR,
fdisk /mbr?
I tried everyting including installing the XP first and followed by
Vista several times. There was no hope.

backup your data, format the drive and try clean Vista install. still
no love, look for updated forceware for your VGA, install in safe mode.

alt- split your drive in 2 -dual boot w/XPand Vista, download updates
and patches as available and once you get it working, format and reload
carl
x in advance.

John Doe

"John Doe †ÅT‚ "‹¬s
"
I do. However, why do I need to give you free access to it? :)

I just wanted to see the README file to see what your real name is.
It's wrong logic again. It is totally irrelevant

Okay then, call it trivia.
and gets nothing to do
with the post
No, but I know how to recover the loss data.

BZZZZT!

No you don't know how to recover lost data on a broken hard drive.