Windows Vista Vista, Have you got enough Memory?

Reaction score
May get the upgrade to Vista when i buy my Laptop.
But it's confussing how much RAM you need to run it.
Dell (who i may buy from) suggest 2GB, But Microsoft's Vista site say 1GB, so who is right?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm, my XP takes 1.2gb ;)

MS are renowned for "understating" system requirements ... it will run, err, walk maybe.

I have had Vista running quite well enough on the "Old Girl" with 1gig ram ... I would prefer 2gig. :thumb:

Reaction score
Well i have 1GB in my laptop and it ran absolutely fine, antivirus ran like a dream, and everything was responsive, processor is a 2GHz Sempron 64.

Had full effects turned on aswell and everything was good!

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
vista will run...ok with 512mb of ram only if you turn off all the fancy graphical features that are hyped about in vista but i would reccomend 1-1.5 gb of ram for vista with all the flashy shiney things that vista has :rolleyes:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i suggest about 2 Gigs, just to be on the safe side... but to have areo glass working at full power, dont you need a DX10 card first?

Reaction score
ًWell Microsoft's "1GB" means that it is the MINIMUM required so obviously you should take heaps more of RAM for it to run 'smoothly'

Ask a Question