VISTA AND FS9

DOES ANYBODY HAVE THIS PROBLEM? installed Windows Vista Home Premium patched
fs9 ,addon planes really slow frame rates about 4 to fps. yes, i have run as
admin and turned off windows areo. tryed old and new video drivers. however
if i pause the sim i can see 25 to 42 fps with moving spot plane views.
video card is a sapphire 9600 xt raideon over clocked to 527mhz. i think i
need a new video card cause its only 128mb. i think a 256mb would solve this,
does anybody agree.

machine specs are 2.0 ghz amd athlon and 1 gb of corsair ram 80gb h/d
xp everything runs good about 25 to 42 fps.
i think i could get this with vista
any suggestions?
Thanks

Stargazer418

That would probably be good to try, also, before that, you might try
updating your drivers. No, I haven't had this problem, but I think that may
be the solution.

--Stargazer418--

Andy

767 pilot said:
[...]

Video card while old is OK for this game, I think. It's possible that
running Vista with all it's bells and whistles is slowing it down. Turn off
all the visual enhancements, Aero, etc. Make it look like Windows XP mode.
(Which I see you did)
Take off the video card overclocking, ya never know, it could be causing a
problem. One option under Compatibility is "Disable desktop composition". I
don't know what it does, but it fixed a problem with another game I was
having. (Oblivion)

I'd tell you to upgrade your RAM, but you might as well wait an get a new
CPU, RAM, Mobo (New CPU/Mobo will more than likely mean you'll need DDR2
ram, so hold off if you can)

I don't think more RAM on your video card will make a huge difference. If
you upgrade your video card after you get your new cpu/mobo/ram, then your
card will probably start at 256Megs, and if you upgrade your other parts you
can move into the PCI-E interface instead of buying another AGP card. Not
that you can't get a good AGP card now a days, but...

For this game I think you're just going to have to tweak until it gets to a
level that works. Some views might not work as well as others and that's
probably just Vista.

I'd say upgrade to FSX, but that'll probably run worse.

If I were to suggest 1 upgrade I'd start with RAM or the Video card. 2 Gigs
ram, or a video card like a Geforce 7 series or ATi x1600'ish card.

Good luck,
Andy