Virus?

G

For some reason i am having trouble with emails and explorer, i'm not aware of any strange emails or programs that i've recently opened. When i try to access certain websites (mainly anything to do with anti-virus software) explorer closes, i can't see any other problems apart from this. I use Trend Micro PC-cillin 2002 which i can update without any problems but it doesn't detect any viruses, i've tried starting in safe mode but it won't allow me to run my anti-virus software. I've also tried uninstalling this anti-virus software and installing AVG but it won't even start to install it. I have a firewall and the anti-virus software is always up to date. Any ideas?

G

I can't open any web pages that contain the word 'virus', i reckon i might have to reformat and reinstall windows.

R

roger

Hi,

I can't open any web pages that contain the word 'virus', i reckon i might have to reformat and reinstall windows.

Go to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC and find the "HOSTS" file. It's
the one that's bigger than 1 k. Make a copy of it for backup. Double
click it to bring up the "Open With.." window. Choose notepad to open
it, then delete every line except "127.0.0.1 localhost". Save it.

Good luck

Ask a Question