virus help

jeff

My system contracted a virus which was not initially
detected by my antivirus software. It was the type that
changed my home page and also redirected all search
submissions.

I ran a virus scan which revealed the suspect files all of
which have now been deleted. A new virus scan confirmed
that I have no 'threats' on my system.

But IE still redirects searches and changes my home page
on start-up. I have done a 'clean boot'of the system but
without success. The original virus was in the 'Adware'
family. The search site that my browser is redirected to
is http://nkvd.us/1507/

Help please (but keep it simple!!)

SlimWhitman

Hey man you seem to be going through the same thing I am.
My home page keeps being set to http://nkvd.us/1524/ and
that redirects to http://searchpage.cc/. I went through
the same steps you did, nothing has worked either. I've
used SpyBot Ad-Aware, and HiJackThis so far. My question
is are you able to use other forum sites? My homepage and
address search bar features are messed messed from it but
I also can't seem to post on any other forum pages or log
into any sites that require a login. This has kept me from
being able to recieve help with my HiJackThis log file.
just curious..

Don Varnau

Jeff,
Download and run Run CWShredder from
CWShredder will solve the nkvd.us problem.

Just to be thorough...
Then download, install, *update* and run both of these programs:
Ad-aware from http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/
Spybot from http://security.kolla.de/ (Remove items listed in red-others are
optional.)
Both programs should be updated after installation- before use.

Security tips and other useful information at:
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate