Virus alert is fake in memory

D

DBD

I have this pesty virus alert popping up on my computer that has lodged itself into memory. It is a ploy to get me to purchase spyware software for fifty bucks. I am not doing that as I have sufficient software for spyware. Does anyone know how I can rid myself of this?

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please consult the experts in the virus removal newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.security.virus

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows - Shell/User

Enjoy all the benefits of genuine Microsoft software:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.mspx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------------------------------

:

I have this pesty virus alert popping up on my computer that has lodged itself into memory. It is a ploy to get me to purchase
spyware software for fifty bucks. I am not doing that as I have sufficient software for spyware. Does anyone know how I can rid
myself of this?

D

David H. Lipman

I have this pesty virus alert popping up on my computer that has lodged itself into memory.
It is a ploy to get me to purchase spyware software for fifty bucks. I am not doing that as
I have sufficient software for spyware. Does anyone know how I can rid myself of this?

Posted and replied to in "other" News Group.

Please don't Mult-Post. Please lean to Cross-Post to pertinent, On Topic, News Groups
instead.

Ask a Question