Virtual Earth

Scopus69

One of my end users is unable to display maps.live.com in his IE 6 SP2 web
browser.

The error is:

Line 2
Char: 151954
Error: Expected '}'
Code: 0

If you login under a different profile on the same computer it works no
problem. What is in the profile that could prevent this? Is there some other
application that could be causing a conflict?

Thanks!

Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thanks for your post.
There are many reasons which might cause the current issues. Please try the
following steps to fix the issue:

Method One:
===========

Please try the following steps to reset Internet Explorer first.
1. Click Start, please type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the
Start Search bar and press Enter to open the Internet options window.
2. Switch to the Advanced tab.
3. Click the "Restore Defaults" button.
4. Uncheck the "Enable third-party browser extensions" option in the
Settings box.
5. Click Apply, click OK.

Method Two:
===========
As this issue might be related to third-party add-ons, please disable the
add-on one by one and check whether this makes any difference.
To disable IE add-on, please do as follows:

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click Tool
3. Click Manager Add-ons
4. Click Enable or Disable Add-ons.

Method Three:
============
Please perform the following steps to create a new user profile to test:

1. Rename the local user profile on the problematic client. By default, it
is C:\Documents and Setttings\<User>.
2. Rename the roaming profile on the server share if the user is using
roaming profile.
3. Logon as the problematic user to test. The system will create a new user
profile for the user.

Moreover, as this is Windows XP newsgroup, if the above suggestions don't
work, I recommend you open a new thread in the following IE newsgroup:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=micros
oft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser&cat=en_US_64661a5c-a712-4bde-813
1-45fb3ead8e70&lang=en&cr=US

People in IE newsgroup are more familiar with IE related issues and you are
likely to find the answer to your question there.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Neo Zhu,
Microsoft Online Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?U2NvcHVzNjk=?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Virtual Earth
| Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 19:36:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
|
| One of my end users is unable to display maps.live.com in his IE 6 SP2
web
| browser.
|
| The error is:
|
| Line 2
| Char: 151954
| Error: Expected '}'
| Code: 0
|
| If you login under a different profile on the same computer it works no
| problem. What is in the profile that could prevent this? Is there some
other
| application that could be causing a conflict?
|
| Thanks!

Scopus69

Ron,

If you login as another profile on the computer it works fine which takes
the host file out of the equation. Thanks!

Scopus69

I did the first two methods below with no success. Before I re-create this
profile, I posted in the IE newsgroup as you suggested. Thanks for the
recommendations.