Virgins are they any good ??????

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thats Virgin's broadband service . Have a friend who is thinking of using them . Any one have any up to date user info about them . Thanks .
user.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Guess who came out top in the comparison chart , sham3e they are too expensive for me friend . Looks like I'll be recomending Virgin to me friend as they are offering her a package deal that sounds pretty good and they look fairly reliable .
Any actual user comments would be helpful in making the decision . Thanks .
happywave.gif

Attachments

• 2007-02-23_133617.png
    2007-02-23_133617.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 298

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Lemme see, from those comparison graphs, Virgin came 5th out of 6th yet still you're going to recommend them?

Oh boy.

After saying this, I'm going to run and hide but AOL actually are pretty good.

That is, if you're not that computer/net savvy and don't mind their software. You can always minmise the AOL browser and use the browser of your choice.

Not for me, but they are at least reliable and helpline is fairly good.

Oh, and I'm with the ISP who came top on that chart. In fact, they come out top just about everywhere ;)

Here we go, I shall say all self-righteously and kinda smug: 'You only get what you pay for'

j/k ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
To be fair, thats Virgin and not NTL, as Thinkbroadband still class them as separate at the mo. :)

I have been thinking about changing bb supplier for a few weeks now and as Be has been available in my exchange for a while now i would like to try them out. Only thing stopping me at the mo is reports of high pings.
Sadly it seems that Nildram are on a slippery slope thanks to the Pipex buy out....:( Thats why i prefer 1 month contracts!

If not them then maybe Zen, Vivaciti or UKFSN

The graph below is a good indicating of whos good and whos bad at the mo. :thumb:
http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Obviously Virgin have taken over NTL/Telewest - so judging my comments on my previous use of Telewest then I would imagine they would be pretty good to be honest - although I have read a few things regarding the NTL side of things regarding reliability and customer service, that may change now.

If I still had cable in my area I would always choose it over ASDL any day :thumb:

I am now in a non-cable area and my ISP is Zen - they have been absolutely top class from the moment I first phoned them to the present day. Like Flops says they are more expensive, but you get what you pay for ;)

Reaction score
Virgin/NTL/Telewest all now part of the new Virgin Media Empire.:rolleyes:
Been with Virgin for 8 years & on BB for 2.
Service OK, but the hype about getting 8MB speed was all bull!
I'm lucky to get 4MB & on average it's about 3.5MB.
All OK but service has dropped a bit recently, good deals outthere if you look.
On the whole an OK service.:thumb:

Reaction score
I hate ntl

Have been with them 6 years and they are nothing but trouble.

I pay £25 a month for a 4mb d/l speed, but download testers say I get maximum 1800kb.

Also, branson tv has lost the rights to sky tv.

nice one.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Your not alone PG, lots of people have been complaining of crap speeds from Virgin Media/NTL/Telewest. Although to be fair some say its great, guess its just luck!

Have a look here

:)

Reaction score
I would never ever ever cable them in my house again. Absolute ****takers, cheats and liars.

Reaction score
PotGuy said:
I would never ever ever cable them in my house again. Absolute ****takers, cheats and liars.

seriously?

you on about sky?

Last time the "Engineer" came to my place
I told him who is boss!

Reaction score
I've been with ntl/virgin for about 6 months and not had any issues, got ird of that crappy broadband medic though as that just gets on my nerves.

I know quite a few people who have them who don't have any issues either.

However they can sometimes take direct debits out on the wrong day or the wrong amounts which isn't very good. I would of never recommended the original Virgin broadband (not the Cable version) as I know of countless people who had trouble just connecting and when you did it was very slow.

Only time will tell if they are any good, 6 months and counting................

Reaction score
I pay £25/month for 4mb, and get 1.8mb d/l. At max. And ive been with them for nearly 6 bloody years. Customer loyalty my arse.

Reaction score
Ive always used AOL for my connection since i first got the internet and never bothered changing cuz im lazy and if something isnt broke then i dont see the point in trying to fix it lol alhough i prolly could get a better deal now if i looked around. I havent used the AOL software for a couple of years now though i just configured a manual connection in Windows and used Firefox before i got my router and now i have the router its always connected, i still use Firefox its the best by far in my opinion :D

Cheers Lee.

Reaction score
psd99 said:
seriously?

you on about sky?

Last time the "Engineer" came to my place
I told him who is boss!

Where did my sense of humour get to?

After reading this title amost a year later I wish to ammend my above comment,

Virgins are great!! :)

Reaction score
I am with Virgin Media and they seem ok. Ok the D/L Speeds may not be that cracking but they do the job.

**Just a side note**
Got an email from Virgin Media, anyone who is on their L package (4MB) will be upgraded to (10MB) free of charge in the very near future. So to my mind, by 10MB PG will probably get the 4MB he has been paying for :p

Ask a Question