Virgin/NTL Merger?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
It looks like Richard Branson's Virgin Mobile Group is going to merge with NTL Cable.

Could be a good move and bring in some proper competition to Sky and a reduction in prices.
At the very least lets hope it shakes up NTL's customer service:rolleyes:

Full story HERE

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well there customer service can't get any worse......so with branson at the helm it can only get better......:D

Reaction score
well ntl are swallowing up telewest very soon, so does that mean that virgin get the rights to telewest too?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep, Telewest is include - shame really as Telewest were miles better than NTL.

Its interesting, as this is a kind of 'reverse' merger - even though NTL are buying Virgin, it will be re-branded under the Virgin banner and Richard Branson will be running things...:cool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think this will be great for everyone (except Murdoch ;))

I really hope they make a sucess of this!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Oh dear.....

I see NTL have just announced they are closing the Telewest Head Office at Woking, and moving everything to the NTL HQ at Hook.

They have also said they are cutting 4000 jobs, and moving call centre jobs overseas :(

Looks like us former Telewest customers are now going to have to put up with the NTL's customer service, such as it is, together with staff who can hardly understand you or you them :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Bah. I rang microsoft when my key refused to work when I formatted a couple of months back

I got the old 'press 1 for emergency snacks' lark, where you HAVE to wait until they reach 'press 134' before you know which the right choice is.

Then I got a guy in India who didnt have a clue. He had a script but didn't understand the term hard drive, and it took me about 10 minutes to realise I had to call it a hard disk if I wanted to get anywhere this side of armageddon

and then at the end of the conversation he asked me if the weather was nice where I was, and then cut me off before I had finished answering.

Callcentres suck. It would be quicker guessing the damn key to begin with.

Ask a Question