Viewing two tabs of the same workbook at the same time

antw

Is there a way (without copying one of the tabs to a blank workbook) to view
two tabs of the same workbook simultaneously? Also, is there a way to
synchronize two tabs, so that when I move the cursor to a given cell in one
tab, the other tab also moves its cursor to that same cell? I am not
referring to LINKING two tabs, whereby when I make a change in one the other
also changes: I am only interested in having the other tab show me the
contents of its cells while allowing me the freedom to make changes in the
first tab.

Jim Cone

There is a way If you are using xl2003.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"antw" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Is there a way (without copying one of the tabs to a blank workbook) to view
two tabs of the same workbook simultaneously? Also, is there a way to
synchronize two tabs, so that when I move the cursor to a given cell in one
tab, the other tab also moves its cursor to that same cell? I am not
referring to LINKING two tabs, whereby when I make a change in one the other
also changes: I am only interested in having the other tab show me the
contents of its cells while allowing me the freedom to make changes in the
first tab.

Jim Cone

While viewing one of the worksheets, click Window :: New Window.
Then in the new sub-window, select the second worksheet.
Now there are two sub-windows, each with its own worksheet.
Then Click Window :: Compare Side by Side With..., and from the resulting dialog box choose the first sub-window.
This action also yields a floating command bar.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"antw" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
If I'm using Excel 2003, how do I do it?

"Jim Cone"

antw

Thanks!

Ron A.

wrote in message
If I'm using Excel 2003, how do I do it?

"Jim Cone"

Shane Devenshire

Hi,

Compare side by side causes the two windows to move in sync. If you don't
want that, then:

1. Window, New Window
2. Window, Arrange, Tile

In 2007