Viewing pictures in Vista

J

Justin

Your answer four posts ago was "IT DOES" and you based that on deduced information. You said nothing about trying your "dad's" TIFF image at that time.

Also, your answer, your deduction and your dad's test seem to be wrong. Paint does not support multi-page TIFFs. Can you please explain to me where in paint to switch pages?

<.> wrote in message I answered it three posts ago by testing (my dad's will is a 3 page TIFF made with Office 2003 scanning software - the only thing I can use from Office 2003) AND with inferred (or is it deduced) conclusion. Read the first sentence. I'm not here to give Yes/No answers. I'm here to explore. If you don't want to play with me then find your own TIF.

A

Adam Albright

How do you activate annotations? Searching help reveals only the Snipping
Tool claims to do annoations. While I haven't read every PG's component's
menu resources, the ones I have read - the main one - make no mention of
Annotations (and the accelerator tables don't mention the annoation keys
either).

Right click on the image's property, then details tab. There are many
premade fields you can annotate.

G

I tested it first. Then tried to prove the test results.

Photo Gallery - noone is talking about paint.

A test is meaningless unless one can explain the process. Don't go all adam on me. A sucessful test merely says a hypothsis isn't false.

Pity I don't have a TIFF with an anotation to see what PG will do in such a case. But as I said I haven't coonfirmed there is no annoations in PG. Just no mention of them (and I think they were specific to TIFF too).
Your answer four posts ago was "IT DOES" and you based that on deduced information. You said nothing about trying your "dad's" TIFF image at that time.

Also, your answer, your deduction and your dad's test seem to be wrong. Paint does not support multi-page TIFFs. Can you please explain to me where in paint to switch pages?

<.> wrote in message I answered it three posts ago by testing (my dad's will is a 3 page TIFF made with Office 2003 scanning software - the only thing I can use from Office 2003) AND with inferred (or is it deduced) conclusion. Read the first sentence. I'm not here to give Yes/No answers. I'm here to explore. If you don't want to play with me then find your own TIF.

G

Annotations was something else. You got to scribble over the drawing or
attach post it notes type things.

J

Justin

"I tested it first. Then tried to prove the test results."
If you tested it and it worked can you please tell me how to switch pages? I see no where to switch pages.

"Photo Gallery - noone is talking about paint."
Yes, we were. Please go back and re-read.

"A test is meaningless unless one can explain the process. Don't go all adam on me. A sucessful test merely says a hypothsis isn't false."
What successful test? You got Paint to switch pages?

G

It's the same key as XP's. It was in the list I posted. I posted it so people could test the complete (I can say it is complete) XP's P&FV key list to see if the feature was carried over to Vista PG.

Paint has never done TIFFs. A few versions of Windows ago MS threw in an Office TIFF converter into windows that makes it look like paint does TIFFs. Although Paint in Vista won't open pcx anymore (it refused to save files in this format years ago) - one of it's first native formats.

Anyway. Someone mentioned Paint (and IE too I thought), but the message was about PG.

Maybe you should avoid adam for a while. According to Festinger's 1956 theory of cognitive disssonance that conflicting ideas cause anxiety so eventually we resolve the question one way or the other and thus maybe changing our beliefs.

The post modernist philisopher Micael Focault said in a book once that there can be no power without resistence.

Drawing on models of cult conversions (references buried under 13 years of junk in corner), and linking them to both of the above theories, I showed in 1994, by drawing on case studies and observation in a particular public health treatment model, that those prone to argue are the ones that are prone to converting to an opposite belief.

Those that don't care don't argue, they ignore and so aren't susceptible to forced change as there is no anxiety to avoid. Those that care, argue, develop anxiety, and are prone to changing beliefs.

Stop going adam on me. Avoid him for a while.
If you tested it and it worked can you please tell me how to switch pages? I see no where to switch pages.

"A test is meaningless unless one can explain the process. Don't go all adam on me. A sucessful test merely says a hypothsis isn't false."

A

Adam Albright

The Windows XP Picture and Fax Viewer definitely can view both animated and non-animated
GIF files.

Can view, but don't animate. I have an extensive collection. XP did
show each animated in its viewer, Vista while it shows the first
frame, does not animate any animated GIFS I have. Your mileage may
vary.

A

Adam Albright

Another thread, Justin trying to pick another fight. What else is new?

Loser!

G

I can fight my own battles, thank you.

Anyway, I accepted your offer for combat in your new thread. I'm a bit
critical of you.

Concentrate your efforts there, and leave me and me mate jase alone.

And jase, ol son,... I'm won't be impressed if you start fighting over me.

G

I;m telling you what the feature did. And it did annoations as is
understaood in the Windows world.

A

Adam Albright

I;m telling you what the feature did. And it did annoations as is
understaood in the Windows world.

News Flash, the world extends beyond Microsoft.

Excuse me for trying to broaden your horizons.

J

Justin

I'm not arguing I just wanted to know. So the end result is, while Paint can open TIFFs it will not allow you to view additional pages in a Multipage TIFF.

<.> wrote in message It's the same key as XP's. It was in the list I posted. I posted it so people could test the complete (I can say it is complete) XP's P&FV key list to see if the feature was carried over to Vista PG.

Paint has never done TIFFs. A few versions of Windows ago MS threw in an Office TIFF converter into windows that makes it look like paint does TIFFs. Although Paint in Vista won't open pcx anymore (it refused to save files in this format years ago) - one of it's first native formats.

Anyway. Someone mentioned Paint (and IE too I thought), but the message was about PG.

Maybe you should avoid adam for a while. According to Festinger's 1956 theory of cognitive disssonance that conflicting ideas cause anxiety so eventually we resolve the question one way or the other and thus maybe changing our beliefs.

The post modernist philisopher Micael Focault said in a book once that there can be no power without resistence.

Drawing on models of cult conversions (references buried under 13 years of junk in corner), and linking them to both of the above theories, I showed in 1994, by drawing on case studies and observation in a particular public health treatment model, that those prone to argue are the ones that are prone to converting to an opposite belief.

Those that don't care don't argue, they ignore and so aren't susceptible to forced change as there is no anxiety to avoid. Those that care, argue, develop anxiety, and are prone to changing beliefs.

J

Justin

Adam Albright said:
News Flash, the world extends beyond Microsoft.

Excuse me for trying to broaden your horizons.

Another thread, wuttle adum trying to pick another fight. What else is new?

I'll leave the loser part out. Only you lower yourself to such things.

G

It is understood, by people that use annoations, what they expect. Many
products have these featuresm incl, apparantly the snipping tool). The fax
viewer doesn't have annotations either.

G

That is correct. Nor will it print page 2 and 3.

Do you want a copy of my 152 kb three page TIF. david mvps.org if you do.

Did you realise this was MS Word's native graphic format once (and still is but it's no longer an exclusive list).

Your's was hardly a satisfying reply after the effort I put into my posts in this thread. Both in being clever as sh1t and reading boring menu and key tables in 10 mui dlls. Not to mention lengthy searches to find a bloody tif.

Least you can tell me I'm clever.
I'm not arguing I just wanted to know. So the end result is, while Paint can open TIFFs it will not allow you to view additional pages in a Multipage TIFF.

<.> wrote in message It's the same key as XP's. It was in the list I posted. I posted it so people could test the complete (I can say it is complete) XP's P&FV key list to see if the feature was carried over to Vista PG.

J

Justin

No, I don't need anything. You said multipage TIFF would work and I still did not see how so I just got my own multipage TIFF and tried it myself. No go.

But thanks anyway.

<.> wrote in message That is correct. Nor will it print page 2 and 3.

Did you realise this was MS Word's native graphic format once (and still is but it's no longer an exclusive list).

Your's was hardly a satisfying reply after the effort I put into my posts in this thread. Both in being clever as sh1t and reading boring menu and key tables in 10 mui dlls. Not to mention lengthy searches to find a bloody tif.

Least you can tell me I'm clever.

A

Adam Albright

It is understood, by people that use annoations, what they expect.

It is understood by people using the English language that it makes
sense when writing in a public forum to consult a dictionary if
they're not sure of the meaning or full range a word can get used in
properly. Most smart people do that to avoid looking foolish. Not you
I guess. Now we know for future reference you don't bother.
Many products have these featuresm incl, apparantly the snipping tool). The fax
viewer doesn't have annotations either.

Oops, not in the context you claim. One reason I just LOVE to play
with windbags like you that infest newsgroups like this is I know
almost to a certainity I can make them fall flat on their face with
little effort.

All the Snippiong tool has in the way of a annotation "feature" is to
crudely use the pen or pencil tool to squibble lines over the image on
a overlay layer. You can not actually add text, like notes by typeing,
like I told you can from within Photo Gallary which adds the comments
to the file's header. So as usual I'm right, and the other guy is
wrong. But hey, thanks for playing.

Of course if you want to stick to your guns and pretend you use either
the pen or pencil tool to write comments on a file by hand, please go
ahead and try to sell that line of crap. We'll be ready to laugh some
more.

A

Adam Albright

That is correct. Nor will it print page 2 and 3.

Translation: The poster known as <.> tries extra hard to prop himself
up as a world class expert on Windows, and promptly falls flat on his
face, then rants and raves when discovered he is anything but.

For your further eduction, TIFF (Tag Image File Format) wasn't
developed by Microsoft for Word, but rather became popular by Adobe
supporting it for Page Maker, a popular Desktop Publishing
application.

The history of TIFF/IT starts around 1989 when DDAP (the Digital
Distribution of Advertising for Publications Committee) asked ANSI,
which is the American National Standards Institute, to define a
standard for the exchange of digital adverts.

ANSI has its own subcommittee that deals with graphics arts and this
committee, called CGATS, decided to start with the development of a
standard for the exchange of raster data. They planned to add another
file format for vector based data later on.

CGATS took the TIFF file format as a starting point. The most current
version of the TIFF specs is still version 6.0, defined by Aldus way
back in 1992.

In 1996, the specifications of TIFF/IT were finalised. TIFF/IT was a
very open and powerful format that left a lot of room for developers
to handle things in different ways.

Hint: You'll need WAY MORE effort to come close to knowing a fraction
of what I do. But hey, keep trying.

Ask a Question