Video quality when capturing

I am new to Movie Maker and am trying to capture video from a Sony DCR-TRV260
Digital8 camera. I simply connected with a USB cord and am capturing
according to the instructions. Problem is, the video quality when capturing
is terrible as compared to the original. How do I fix this or is the preview
screen not indicative of what the actual movie will look like? Help.

Hopefully your computer has a 'firewire' port on it....I checked and your
camera does have USB, AV, S-Video, and FIREWIRE ports along the front edge of
the camera. You can get a firewire cable to connect at electronic stores,
and even Walmart...it is far faster to transfer the data, so your video will
maintain its quality. I have a Sony MiniDV....and I think the only thing
you have to make sure of is the number of pins on your cable on both
ends..... your camera manual will likely have some info on it....Sony calls
their proprietary firewire I-Link...so you can use the term interchangeably.
Good luck.

Oh, I forgot your other question...you are right, the preview screen is low
resolution so not to take up resources; so it is NOT indicative of your final
movie. I was reading some reviews of the TRV260, and it is comparable to
some of the lower MiniDV's, so you should really have a pretty good quality
picture.

Ok, thanks, will try this.

dickmr said:
Oh, I forgot your other question...you are right, the preview screen is low
resolution so not to take up resources; so it is NOT indicative of your final
movie. I was reading some reviews of the TRV260, and it is comparable to
some of the lower MiniDV's, so you should really have a pretty good quality
picture.

Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Help !!

"MLRH" wrote:

> Firewire? What is that and why doesn't the USB connection work or should it
> work?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Use firewire. USB drops too many frames.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Printing & Imaging
> >

> > "MLRH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >I am new to Movie Maker and am trying to capture video from a Sony
> > >DCR-TRV260
> > > Digital8 camera. I simply connected with a USB cord and am capturing
> > > according to the instructions. Problem is, the video quality when
> > > capturing
> > > is terrible as compared to the original. How do I fix this or is the
> > > preview
> > > screen not indicative of what the actual movie will look like? Help.

> >I am also new to this game. I have a sony DCR-HC18E and a Dell Inspiron lap top. Am i able to get this firewall connection as I am having the same USB problems as above ??

Hope you can help ?