Video Card Advice

Rob Wilkens

If this is stupid, ignore this message.

I know someone who had a similar system --- Turned out they bought an AGP2
Video Card (some time ago) and had an AGP1 Motherboard (It was an Athlon XP
2100+). Before you presume the video card is bad, make sure your
motherboard supports the type of interface it uses (the AGP2 cards
apparently fit just fine into AGP1 slots, but they don't work right under
heavy usage [video game graphics for example]).

-Rob

<DIV>&quot;HagarTheHorrible&quot;
&lt;[email protected]&gt; wrote in message

NeoDude

Aero Glass requires at least 128MB of dedicated video RAM, but yeah, those
256MB cards are your best bet. Anything here works, really, although some
manufacturers are better than others, and some come with more stuff in the
box.

I would go with the XFX GeForce 6200 there
(http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1776106&CatId=933)
simply because it's got a lifetime warranty; if anything should happen to
it, get a new one. Cheap too, and the 6200 chipset is pretty good.