Very Slow Form processing

Rich

I've had some trouble in the past with slow form pages, but generally they
were reflective of the general condition of the web site. However, my
current problem is really got me confused since the rest of the site
generally runs very fast. It's on one of those newer Blade servers.

When it gets done processing, it sends the email to me it's supposed to
send, and updates the file with the record it's supposed to add, but it's
just so darned slow....and there are no graphics or anything like that
involved.

What sort of things should I be looking at for resolving this issue? It's
hard to work on something when everything looks and works ok...just very
slow...

Rich

Steve Easton

What is slow??
The time between hitting the submit button and seeing the confirmation page,
or the time waiting for the email??

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Rich

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the confusion...it's the time from when you hit the submit button.
I could care less about the time till the email gets to me...as long as it's
within a half hour or so...generally...I get the email before the darn
submit finishes processing...

There are no graphics at all...very graphics poor site...but generally very
fast moving...except for this darn form.

Seems to take...(goes to site and times it...) well, tonight it was 58
seconds to process. What the heck is it doing there? I know the server is
out in California, but jeez...talk about being laid back....8-\

Rich

Stefan B Rusynko

Post a URL to the form page and explain what is processing it

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

"Rich" <rich a*tt gossel dut org> wrote in message | Hi Steve,

| Sorry for the confusion...it's the time from when you hit the submit button.
| I could care less about the time till the email gets to me...as long as it's
| within a half hour or so...generally...I get the email before the darn
| submit finishes processing...
|
| There are no graphics at all...very graphics poor site...but generally very
| fast moving...except for this darn form.
|
| Seems to take...(goes to site and times it...) well, tonight it was 58
| seconds to process. What the heck is it doing there? I know the server is
| out in California, but jeez...talk about being laid back....8-\
|
| Rich
|
| | > What is slow??
| > The time between hitting the submit button and seeing the confirmation
| > page,
| > or the time waiting for the email??
| >

| > --
| > Steve Easton
| > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| > 95isalive
| > This site is best viewed..................
| > ..............................with a computer
| >> they
| >> were reflective of the general condition of the web site. However, my
| >> current problem is really got me confused since the rest of the site
| >> generally runs very fast. It's on one of those newer Blade servers.
| >>
| >> When it gets done processing, it sends the email to me it's supposed to
| >> send, and updates the file with the record it's supposed to add, but it's
| >> just so darned slow....and there are no graphics or anything like that
| >> involved.
| >>
| >> What sort of things should I be looking at for resolving this issue? It's
| >> hard to work on something when everything looks and works ok...just very
| >> slow...
| >>
| >> Rich

Rich

I guess posting the url should have been obvious....

pcclean.biz/schedule_services.htm

What is processing it...just frontpage sending an email to me, and putting a record at the end of a csv file. Both of those work.
At some point, when I get the thing working in 15 seconds or less...I'll put a custom "Thank-You" page into it...

At first I tried putting formmail script in...and it took me a week to discover that wouldn't work well on a Win server, so I converted the original form to FP, & it worked fine...except for being slow ... hmmm .... (user sees light bulb flashing....) ???

Maybe I should start over with "Native" FP design? (not that I'm throwing away any great design, eh?)

Rg

Stefan B Rusynko said:
Post a URL to the form page and explain what is processing it

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

"Rich" <rich a*tt gossel dut org> wrote in message | Hi Steve,

| Sorry for the confusion...it's the time from when you hit the submit button.
| I could care less about the time till the email gets to me...as long as it's
| within a half hour or so...generally...I get the email before the darn
| submit finishes processing...
|
| There are no graphics at all...very graphics poor site...but generally very
| fast moving...except for this darn form.
|
| Seems to take...(goes to site and times it...) well, tonight it was 58
| seconds to process. What the heck is it doing there? I know the server is
| out in California, but jeez...talk about being laid back....8-\
|
| Rich
|
| | > What is slow??
| > The time between hitting the submit button and seeing the confirmation
| > page,
| > or the time waiting for the email??
| >

| > --
| > Steve Easton
| > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| > 95isalive
| > This site is best viewed..................
| > ..............................with a computer
| >> they
| >> were reflective of the general condition of the web site. However, my
| >> current problem is really got me confused since the rest of the site
| >> generally runs very fast. It's on one of those newer Blade servers.
| >>
| >> When it gets done processing, it sends the email to me it's supposed to
| >> send, and updates the file with the record it's supposed to add, but it's
| >> just so darned slow....and there are no graphics or anything like that
| >> involved.
| >>
| >> What sort of things should I be looking at for resolving this issue? It's
| >> hard to work on something when everything looks and works ok...just very
| >> slow...
| >>
| >> Rich

Rich

Burp...errrr....bump....