Very hot temperature with speed fan on new MB

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
CoreTemp is also wrong! Is this a motherboard problem? Or is the program that comes with my motherboard ACTUALLY wrong? Any other applications? The one that comes with my motherboard slows the system down a lot and takes like a minute to load!

Reaction score
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
CoreTemp is also wrong! Is this a motherboard problem? Or is the program that comes with my motherboard ACTUALLY wrong? Any other applications? The one that comes with my motherboard slows the system down a lot and takes like a minute to load!

Hi,

Have you tried updating the BIOS for this board? Sometimes this can correct issue where incorrect CPU reading may occur, worth a try anyway.

Reaction score
Ok I'll try that but in the manual it says doing this is risky. I'll try it but... I'm scared! :rolleyes:

Yeah it is risky, just download the BIOS file and make sure it the right one for your mobo and stick it on a floppy or a flash disk and then use the Q flash utility to flash the BIOS. Once its completed it will reboot go into the BIOS and load optimized defaults then press F10 to save that's it.

Hope this helps

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Ok I did that, but I didn't load optimized defaults, because nothing had changed so I didn't see any point.
Still the temperatures are rather low, both cores under 20C. Also I noticed that the fan speed slows right down when the processor is cool, but speeds up when it gets hotter. Is this normal?
Maybe the programs were right. The only temperature that is matching the temp on the motherboard program is the AUX on speedfan which hovers around 40C-45C.
Well the only thing I can do is wrap this one up. Thanks for helping me update the BIOS, the system boots faster now. As for this topic, I'll never know what my real CPU temperature is for sure.
As for MadX, that wasn't very nice. But from now on I will start taking advice from you then and try not to go against it.

Reaction score
Ok I did that, but I didn't load optimized defaults, because nothing had changed so I didn't see any point.
Still the temperatures are rather low, both cores under 20C. Also I noticed that the fan speed slows right down when the processor is cool, but speeds up when it gets hotter. Is this normal?
Maybe the programs were right. The only temperature that is matching the temp on the motherboard program is the AUX on speedfan which hovers around 40C-45C.
Well the only thing I can do is wrap this one up. Thanks for helping me update the BIOS, the system boots faster now. As for this topic, I'll never know what my real CPU temperature is for sure.
As for MadX, that wasn't very nice. But from now on I will start taking advice from you then and try not to go against it.

No problem mate. It is recommend that you should load defaults after updating the BIOS. The fan issue if you disable the CPU Smart Fan Control on the PC Health Status BIOS Menu. Press F10 to save changes this will then make the CPU fan spin all the time, I have mine spinning all the time and its fine. I would not worry to much about the temps readings. I don't think that you will ever get 100% accurate readings.

Hope this helps.

Happy new year.

Regards,

Wiz

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh, Smart Fan. Is that why my fan has 4 power pins on the plug? Is it AKA PWM Control?

I am not sure really. What smart fan does is it lets the CPU fan only cut in when its needed. It will spin faster and slower depending on how hot it gets. Did you disable it anyway in the BIOS?

Regards

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Good. Why'd you disable it out of interest?

The fan speeds up in Cod 4 Multiplayer and Crysis...
...But the game sounds are so loud that you can't hear it lol

Reaction score
Good. Why'd you disable it out of interest?

The fan speeds up in Cod 4 Multiplayer and Crysis...
...But the game sounds are so loud that you can't hear it lol

You would disable it if you wanted the fan to be at constant speed and spin all the time. Where as when Smart fan is enabled it spins faster when the CPU gets hot and is slower when the CPU is at Idle there is no difference though in the temps to if you have it disabled or enabled the only benefit of disabling it is that it will spin as soon as you turn your pc on. Neither way its fine it still works the same. The CPU fan settings are fine mate. :)

What do you think of Crysis btw? I have just installed it and I was wondering what its like?

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
It's a AWESOME GAME!!!! It's legendary. Halo style but better! You need to run it on HIGH though for maximum game. I run it on high, and I get around 30 fps and no less than 20 fps.
Also it comes with a level editor (Cryengine Sandbox 2) so you can make your own levels! That's what I'm doing. But sadly it's very complicated. I've only just managed to put a Ghillie Suit on Nomad! (the player you play as)
f_NomadinGhilm_abe10c3.png

LOL
Once you've completed the game, you need to get Crysis Warhead.
Never played the Crysis Multiplayer so I don't know what it's like.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

It looks like a really good game, and I can't wailt to play it will let you know what I think of it.

Regards,

Ask a Question