Verifying DMI pool data error.

Reaction score
I bought a new motherboard, processor and graphics card. Also I still have the original Hard drive.

After installing it all into my case I booted it up. I was displayed the logo of the motherboard then was presented with a message about RAID which said "Press <CTRL + S> or F4 to enter RAID utility." This message then disappeared after 5 seconds and it began to boot.
I hit the message "Veryifying DMI pool data........."
This then takes me to the page asking if I wish to start windows normally, boot into safe mode etc. I have tried safe mode and booting normally but neither work. It just restarts the machine and that is as far as I can get.

New hardware:
Motherboard - DFI LanParty UT RDX200CF-DR
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+
Graphics Card - ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB GDDR3

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You should do a fresh install of the OS when changing the motherboard, windows doesnt like it when you do that. :)

Reaction score
V_R said:
You should do a fresh install of the OS when changing the motherboard, windows doesnt like it when you do that. :)
Thanks for the reply :)
I'll go try that now and see what happens.

Reaction score
Okay, I finally managed to repair windows and now have another problem. I can get past the verifying DMI pool data and the windows logo comes up with the blue progress bar underneath scrolling across. This continues for 5 seconds or so then restarts.

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Beermonster.
Did you do a clean install or a repair. As V_R said, a clean one would be better.
You should also be be able (probably) to turn the raid controller off in the bios unless, of course, you have a raid system in place

Techy
Doesn't sysprep work with XP Home?

Covenant

Reaction score
Thanks all, I did a fresh installation and it's all working great now :)

I still become nervous when my computer hangs on that message for a few seconds though :p

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Glad it's sorted. It will stop at that point while the hard drive setup is checked. To make it quicker, try disabling the raid and set the first boot device as the hard drive. If the drive is PATA (as opposed to SATA) you can also disable the SATA controller in the bios.

Covenant

Ask a Question