Word vba - how to use words from an outlook mail(subject,body) to search in an access db

Reaction score
Hello,

First of all i would like to say that i am new to vba programming.
I am trying to make something that does the following:
- catch every mail that comes to outlook inbox.
- take every word that is in that e_mail (for starters i want to use the words from the body of the mail) to search it in a microsoft access table, to see if it appears in that table (in the specific table i will put keywords) and if it does i will generate a certain reply, automatically.

something like:
let's say an email comes in inbox and in the body of that mail i have words like: pizza,pie and apple.
the application would take the mail, use every word from the body and search for it's existence in my table. If the words pizza, pie and apple, all of them appear in my table...i will generate a certain reply.

This is basically what i want to do.

Thank you very much.
Silviu.

Reaction score
Try my program. There is a free trial at http://www.smallbsystems.com on the Outlook Utilities page. If you need only to pull email body, let me know and I will send you the routine for Visual Basic 2008. I don't know if it works in VBA.

Reaction score

Thank you very much for your reply...but i've managed to come with an idea an succed in developing the code for what i've needed.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question