VBA: Create nested Public Folder Favorites

Reaction score
In our company we use exchange server coupled with Outlook 2003. All our customer emails are saved in public folders; we now have 1500 folders, 9 levels deep in 'public folders' and it keeps on growing.

We would like to synchronise these folders on our sales notebooks but understand this can only be done if the folders are mentioned in the Favorites section of Public Folders. Obviously we could manually drag all folders to Favorites, but this can only be done one-by-one, and one should not forget the do this once a new folder is made (a daily affair).

I've written vba code to cycle through all nested public folders and could in principle add all these folders to a 'flat' Favorites folder through AddPFFavorites. However, I obviously want to keep the nesting. Favorites accepts nesting when I drag and drop.

Is there any way to nest favorites using VBA, or is there another option to synchronise these folders.

Edouard

Ask a Question