Values not updating

C

Conan Kelly

Hello all,

Has anyone ever seen this before? We have a workbook that my boss has designed that we use as a template for many of our clients.
In this one copy that we have, on one of the sheets there are a lot of cells with direct single references to other cells on other
worksheets in the same file (i.e. "=NOW!$F$150" or "='MMA Bus'!$F$106"). The cells these formulas are referencing have
formulas/references to other cells on other sheets, but they do show the correct values in them. Some of the cells on the
problematic sheet are not showing the values in the cells that the are referencing, they are only showing 0. If we go to a cell
with one of these formulas and edit the cell ([F2]) but don't make any changes, just hit enter, then the correct value shows up.

Calculation mode is set to automatic, we have tried recalculating ([F9]) even though it is set to auto and "Calculate" does NOT show
in the status bar. I've tried Open and Repair. This sheet nor the workbook is not protected.

He is using Excel 2003 and I'm using XP (both on Win XP) and it behaves the same on both. This is the first time he & I have seen
this problem and as far as we know, there are no other files behaving the same way.

Does anyone know what is going on here? Any way to fix this?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Ask a Question