UT3 Demo Within 2 Weeks!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There seems to be a glut of good games coming out soon, if only weekends were longer to play them all :)

I never played the origional UT that much (apart from during a handful of network games), but this does look like it may be worth a shot :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Had a quick blast, Not bad, i may buy it....

It is its mental! Its very fast paced! But it looks good and runs very well.

Just the one screeny....

1192302074.jpg

Reaction score
Yeah tis very fast paced and hard lol I think i may have put the level a little high

got my arse kicked lol

Reaction score
Played the UT3 demo now and its very cool...sems to have retained the classic UT 'feel' but added in the slickness that Quake3 had(s) as well (but perhaps that's just because of the hoverboard that u get in certain mods). In the CODMW thread, I said all other games on my PC are being uninstalled, and I meant it because with CODMW and UT3 I think I'll be set for the next year or two at least. :D I was particularly disappointed with Quake Wars ET...UT3 shows how that kind of game should be built.

It will be interesting to see if Crysis keeps up to its promise...UT3 and CODMW are certainly going to set a tough pace to follow:bow:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've been playing the Crysis MP beta 1nt and its damn good, and not finished yet, the game should rock!!
bowdown.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
1nteger said:
We should set up a PCR clan for at least one of these games...waddya think?

Well it hasn't happened yet so I can't see any reason why that should change.

Right now we have CoD2; CoD1; HL2 Deathmatch; Counterstrike; UT2004; FEAR and yet we've never been able to meet online.

If somebody would like to start a server, I'll join.

I play CoD2 just about every single day - I've bumped into V_R just the once in the last few years.

So, sorry if I sound like a pessimist but I don't reckon it will happen.

But I wish it would, I really wish it would....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It must be more than once? I aint been on the bbf server from ages, they dont like it if you dont use a rifle, and i get board of that too quickly...

Would you guys be happy to install Xfire? You could then join the same server in one click. Its quite handy tbh. Try it and see and add me, see sig. :)

Reaction score
I agree, I've tried several times to get peeps online to play games but no one ever seems to agree on what we should play or when. SO i gave up :(

floppybootstomp said:
Well it hasn't happened yet so I can't see any reason why that should change.

Right now we have CoD2; CoD1; HL2 Deathmatch; Counterstrike; UT2004; FEAR and yet we've never been able to meet online.

If somebody would like to start a server, I'll join.

I play CoD2 just about every single day - I've bumped into V_R just the once in the last few years.

So, sorry if I sound like a pessimist but I don't reckon it will happen.

But I wish it would, I really wish it would....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
It must be more than once? I aint been on the bbf server from ages, they dont like it if you dont use a rifle, and i get board of that too quickly...

Would you guys be happy to install Xfire? You could then join the same server in one click. Its quite handy tbh. Try it and see and add me, see sig. :)

More than once if you count BBF Isuppose, yes.

And yes, they do tend to be a bit elite. made me laugh actually, I'd been playing it for years, they'd just started and they were giving me tips on how to play.... :lol:

Oh well, I love 'em all dearly I do but yes, this 'spraying' snobbishness cheeses me off. I reckon it takes just as much skill to make a kill with a Thompson or MP40 than it does with a bloody breech stock :mad:

Elitist idiots really get my goat.

So what's this Crossfire all about then? I always thought it was something like Gamespy which I won't touch with a bargepole.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
http://www.xfire.com/

Its an app that lets you see when your mates are online and what games they are playing. It lets you join the server at the click of a button and chat in and out of the game.

I have never used gamespy and from what i've read this is way better, millions of people use it. :)

Let me know what you think. :thumb:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
... back to UT3 :)
i played the demo for a bit, definitly feels... smoother, and not as twitchy or jerky. Looking forward to it :D

Ask a Question