Using values from combo box to generate a Report

Reaction score
Hi All

I am a newbie with MS Access. So pls go easy on me. Now heres my question..

I am trying to design a form which would have a combo box cbo1(Market) and a command button (btn1) to finally view a report based on the values selected in the combo box. The query (say qry1) that the report uses has about 11 columns, in which Market is one of them. And I have 8 different Markets. Now i need to be able to generate the report for two options:

1. I should be able to show the columns for the selected market ONLY(it need not be multiple selections; just one will do). Example: If I selected the Market 'Chicago', I want the report to display the column values for only Chicago.

And the other option is.

2. I should be able to show the columns for 'ALL' markets together. I dont actually have an option by name 'ALL' in the 8 values for market. I would like the combo box to show the option 'ALL' along with the 8 values in the list. Is that possible? If yes, how?:confused:

I dont know if i have given sufficient information, but if more information is needed, shoot it up. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Ask a Question