Using themes in XP

Nirmal Singh

How do i use themes with XP?

I have a folder in windows\Resources\Themes\Luna\. How do I activate this
theme. I've tried browsing to it from display properties, but it just
seems to ignore my selection.

Nirmal Singh

Ayush

Double click .theme file in the folder
I don't know what you mean by rejecting ?
AND Check you have all files [dll files, theme file etc..]
--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

| How do i use themes with XP?
|
| I have a folder in windows\Resources\Themes\Luna\. How do I activate this
| theme. I've tried browsing to it from display properties, but it just
| seems to ignore my selection.
|
| Nirmal Singh

Nirmal Singh

Ayush

I've tried double clicking the file. It just takes me to Display properties
with my current theme selected.

What dll files do I require?

Nirmal

start run at the command line type in themes

Ayush said:
Double click .theme file in the folder
I don't know what you mean by rejecting ?
AND Check you have all files [dll files, theme file etc..]

also try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307855&Product=winxp

Ayush said:
Double click .theme file in the folder
I don't know what you mean by rejecting ?
AND Check you have all files [dll files, theme file etc..]

Ayush

First thing : Reply to Original Poster

Second Thing : Typing themes in Run dialog will only give you an error
saying "Windows cannot find themes"

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

| start run at the command line type in themes
|
| "Nirmal Singh" wrote:
|
| > Ayush
| >
| > I've tried double clicking the file. It just takes me to Display
properties
| > with my current theme selected.
| >
| > What dll files do I require?
| >
| > Nirmal

| > > I don't know what you mean by rejecting ?
| > > AND Check you have all files [dll files, theme file etc..]
| > > --

Ayush

Go to Display Properties > Appearance
Select the name [Should be Luna] in Windows and buttons.

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

| Ayush
|
| I've tried double clicking the file. It just takes me to Display
properties
| with my current theme selected.
|
| What dll files do I require?
|
| Nirmal
|

| "Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote in message
| | > Double click .theme file in the folder
| > I don't know what you mean by rejecting ?
| > AND Check you have all files [dll files, theme file etc..]
| > --

Tecknomage

How do i use themes with XP?

I have a folder in windows\Resources\Themes\Luna\. How do I activate this
theme. I've tried browsing to it from display properties, but it just
seems to ignore my selection.

Nirmal Singh

Good ol' MS is, as usual, using an incorrect or confusing term. You
are already using these "themes", these are the _WinXP_Style_ "Theme"
named Luna set in "Windows and buttons", "Appearance" tab, desktop
settings.

The term "themes" for this is confusing and actually incorrect. WinXP
_style_ themes are actually "skins." Which is the more proper term
and skins existed before WinXP. One example is "Window Blinds"
utilities which add skins to Windows.

You can Google "WinXP themes" or "WinXP skins" and get many hits on
sites that have more skins than just Luna that WinXP comes with.

MS knows about skins, just look at Windows Media Player, you can get
more _skins_. So one has to wonder why they didn't use the term
"Windows Skins" vs. "Windows and buttons."

Nirmal Singh

Ayush

I do not see Luna in the Windows and Buttons dropdown. All I have is
Windows XP style and Windows Classic style.

Nirmal

Ayush said:
Go to Display Properties > Appearance
Select the name [Should be Luna] in Windows and buttons.

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

message
| Ayush
|
| I've tried double clicking the file. It just takes me to Display
properties
| with my current theme selected.
|
| What dll files do I require?
|
| Nirmal
|

| "Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote in message
| | > Double click .theme file in the folder
| > I don't know what you mean by rejecting ?
| > AND Check you have all files [dll files, theme file etc..]
| > --

Nirmal Singh

Tecknomage said:
Good ol' MS is, as usual, using an incorrect or confusing term. You
are already using these "themes", these are the _WinXP_Style_ "Theme"
named Luna set in "Windows and buttons", "Appearance" tab, desktop
settings.
So my Windows XP Theme is actually Luna.

Thanks for the info.

Nirmal

sgopus

Not on mine, it opens a directory where my themes reside, I do have plus
installed, maybe that's why!
I was confusing this with windows 2000, this same procedure opens w2000
theme program, sorry.