Using outlook profile to connect to two differnet mail accounts

SJMP

Is there a way to use outlook 2003 to connect to Exchange 2003 and at the
same time a pop account. Both accounts keeping separate inboxes/
calendars.... But having access to both at the same time?

Emily Lin [MSFT]

Hi,

All POP3 and Exchange accounts get aggregated under the same default set of
folders in your message store. You could, however, use rules to move
inbound e-mails into different folders which could even be named according
to the account through which those e-mails were delivered.

Following is the key steps.

1. Close Outlook. Go to Control Panel > Mail > Email Accounts to Configure
the Exchange email account and the POP3 account in Outlook 2003.
2. In the field of 'Deliver New e-mail to the following location', choose
Mailbox-your exchange email account name.
3. Open Outlook 2003. Click the File menu > New > Outlook Data File > click
OK. Name the pst file as POP.pst. Click OK.
4. Name the Personal Folder name as POP. Click OK.
5. Right click the POP folder, choose New folder to create new mail sub
folders - Inbox and Sent Items. Also, you can create the other folder such
as Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, and etc under the POP folder.

6. Click Tools > Rules and Alerts > New Rules to define that all new emails
from the POP3 account are moved to the folder POP/Inbox. All mails sent via
the POP3 account are moved to the folder POP/Sent Items.

Thus, the mails via the POP3 account are stored in the POP folder. The
mails via the Exchange account are stored in the 'Mailbox-AccountName'
folder.

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emily Lin

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "SJMP" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Using outlook profile to connect to two differnet mail accounts
| Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:34:09 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Is there a way to use outlook 2003 to connect to Exchange 2003 and at the
| same time a pop account. Both accounts keeping separate inboxes/
| calendars.... But having access to both at the same time?

Emily Lin [MSFT]

Hi ,

I would like to check how things are going. Did you have the chance to try
the troubleshooting steps? If you have any other questions, please do not
hesitate to let me know. I look forward to your further updates.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Emily Lin [MSFT])
| Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 03:32:21 GMT
| Subject: RE: Using outlook profile to connect to two differnet mail
accounts
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi,
|
| All POP3 and Exchange accounts get aggregated under the same default set
of
| folders in your message store. You could, however, use rules to move
| inbound e-mails into different folders which could even be named
according
| to the account through which those e-mails were delivered.
|
| Following is the key steps.
|
| 1. Close Outlook. Go to Control Panel > Mail > Email Accounts to
Configure
| the Exchange email account and the POP3 account in Outlook 2003.
| 2. In the field of 'Deliver New e-mail to the following location', choose
| Mailbox-your exchange email account name.
| 3. Open Outlook 2003. Click the File menu > New > Outlook Data File >
click
| OK. Name the pst file as POP.pst. Click OK.
| 4. Name the Personal Folder name as POP. Click OK.
| 5. Right click the POP folder, choose New folder to create new mail sub
| folders - Inbox and Sent Items. Also, you can create the other folder
such
| as Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, and etc under the POP folder.
|
| 6. Click Tools > Rules and Alerts > New Rules to define that all new
emails
| from the POP3 account are moved to the folder POP/Inbox. All mails sent
via
| the POP3 account are moved to the folder POP/Sent Items.
|
| Thus, the mails via the POP3 account are stored in the POP folder. The
| mails via the Exchange account are stored in the 'Mailbox-AccountName'
| folder.
|
| If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
| hesitate to contact me.
|
| Regards,
|
| Emily Lin
|
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
rights.

| | From: "SJMP" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Using outlook profile to connect to two differnet mail accounts
| | Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:34:09 -0400