Using Outlook 2002 after uninstalling Outlook 2007 Beta

Reaction score
Hi

Just uninstalled Outlook 2007 Beta as the beta period has expired and reinstalled Office 2002. Now Outlook 2002 on startup displays the following error "Unable to open your default email folders. Could now open the item. Try Again." then prompts me "Would you like to open your default file system instead". Pressing "no" closes Outlook, and pressing "yes" opens outlook, however within 3 secodns the error box titled "CiceroUIWndFrame: OUTLOOK.EXE - Application Error" displys the message "The instruction at "0x30b1565f" referenced memory at "0xe14e23b6". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program. Click Cancel to debug the program."

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hi
I too have a very similar problem. I have uninstalled Outlook-2007 and am unable to reinstall Outlook 2002

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Ck

Reaction score
Hi Joey,

I tried this and it worked. It might work for you.

1. Uninstall Outlook 2007
2. Install Outlook 2002
3. Delete the outlook folder located in your local drive [usually found at C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Microsoft]
4. click on Outlook 2002 It would take you through the set-up on your email account.

As a precaution, you may want to take a backup of the outlook folder before deleting it.

All the best

Cheers

Ask a Question