Using GPO to allow IE to only go to one URL

Ugo Drainville

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a setting in GP that allows me to block IE
to only access a specific URL and nothing else. What I have is a
Windows 2000/XP user who is inputting orders via an HTML interface in IE
and we do not want him to be able to browse to any other websites other
than the order entry page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Ugo

Jerold Schulman

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a setting in GP that allows me to block IE
to only access a specific URL and nothing else. What I have is a
Windows 2000/XP user who is inputting orders via an HTML interface in IE
and we do not want him to be able to browse to any other websites other
than the order entry page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Ugo

See their home page to the page in question.
Apply the restriction at tip 3810 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at
http://www.jsiinc.com

Use tip 1976 to set any of the following, but specially any that allow URL
entry:

The following restrictions are for the browser only:
NoFileOpen File / open menu item.
NoFileNew File / new menu item.
NoBrowserSaveAs File / save as menu item.
NoBrowserOptions Tools / internet options menu item.
NoFavorites Favorites menu item.
NoSelectDownloadDir Select download directory.
NoBrowserContextMenu Broswer context menu.
NoBrowserClose Close browser.
NoOpeninNewWnd New browser window.
NoTheaterMode Theater mode.
NoFindFiles Find files dialog.
NoViewSource Edit / view source menu item.
RestGoMenu View / go to menu item.
NoToolbarOptions Toolbar options.
AlwaysPromptWhenDownload Always prompts when downloading.
NoHelpItemTipOfTheDay Tip of the day.
NoHelpItemNetscapeHelp Netscape help.
NoHelpItemTutorial Tutorial.
NoHelpItemSendFeedback Send feedback.
NoNavButtons Navigation buttons.
NoHelpMenu Help menu item.
NoBrowserBars Browser bars.
NoToolBar Tool bar.
NoAddressBar Address bar.
NoLinksBar Links bar.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Jack Wang [MSFT]

Hi Ugo,

Thank you for posting!

You may also try Content Advisor of IE. To do so, please follow the steps
below.

1. Open Internet Options.

2. Click Content and click Enable Content Advisor.

For more information, please refer to the following article.

267930 How to Configure Internet Explorer 5.x to Block Access to All But
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=267930

Also, you may install a ISA server.

http://www.microsoft.com/ISAServer/

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Jack Wang, MCSE 2000/2003, MCSA 2000/2003, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Online Partner Support

from your issue.