using djvu

G

gillian

I HAVE DOWNLOADED DJVU WEB BROWSER BECAUSE I WANTED TO
VIEW SOME GENEOLOGY DOCUMENTS ON A SITE AND I WAS TOLD I
NEEDED DJVU. NOW I HAVE DOWNLOADED IT IF I CLICK ON IT TO
OPEN IT IT SAYS THAT THE FILE IS LOCKED. ALSO I DO NOT
UNDERSTAND HOW I AM SUPPOSED TO USE DJVU TO VIEW THE
DOCUMENTS ON THE SITE. ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

C

Chris Lanier

First, Please dont type in ALL CAPS, this is considered yelling.

Second, only the company who wants you to use that product can tell you why.

C

C.Joseph Drayton

Hi Gillian,

DjVu is an open standard graphic file format. Basically, it has a much higher compression ratio than TIFF, BMP or JPG. Some
sites that have a lot of high resolution graphics uses the standard so that the files are smaller and thus download faster.

I am downloading the plug-in as I type this response, and will write you to let you know what success I have. The reason I say
that, is because I use Mozilla, and am not sure if it will install. The plug-in is certified for Internet Explorer andf Netscape.

Ciao . . .
C.Joseph

++ Let know man judge me until . . .
he has walked the road I have . . .
in the shoes I've worn. ++

http://kalek1.home.mindspring.com

C

C.Joseph Drayton

Hi Gillian,

The program you downloaded is a plug-in. Once you have installed it, it is transparently used inside you existing browser. I
tried it in Mozilla. It registered itself, but sent my browser in a loop downloading a page with DJVU content. I then tried it
with Internet Explorer, and it worked perfectly. The quality of the display is excellent, and it is fast considering the
resolution of the documents.

Ciao . . .
C.Joseph

++ Let know man judge me until . . .
he has walked the road I have . . .
in the shoes I've worn. ++

http://kalek1.home.mindspring.com

Ask a Question