Windows XP User Profile - Using Too Much Memory

Reaction score
I need to know what exactly is supposed to be a part of a users profile - when I created my user profile I put the program files as well as the start menu in my profile and it is also in my c:drive - I need to know if this is supposed to be there or not - what happened is I removed an old profile and wasn't sure what was supposed to be a part of a users profile - windows nt is in my c:drive and with both of the windows files being duplicated it's eating up alot of memory. I need a simple explanation of what are necessary files and what aren't. Please someone who is very knowledgeable should respons no amateurs because it doesn't help.

Reaction score
Is this on a networked PC? If so do you have Admin rights to alter profiles?
The Users Profile will hold the details for an individual user/s. It can be modified and will be kept on your C: Drive.

As for what are necessary files and what aren't, it depends on what you want to delete & what to keep? You could remove cookies as they can build up, but you need to know what you are doing.

It's not something i would advise an amateur to do.

Last edited:

Ask a Question