User Interface Core component strange behaviour

G

Hi

I'm trying to change the settings of User Interface Core component in TD so I can display the Run command in the start menu. Checking the appropriate option in the User Interface Settings has no effect.

I even tried to write my own component that rights directly the registries in HKUSERS.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowRun 1 and also tried the following key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowRun 1. In both case I still get the same result, Run command is not displayed

Obviously some other component is overwritting the User Interface Core registries information at build time. The question is, how do I find it since there is not registry search in TD

JF Gregoir
Parasecu

K

KM

JFG,

AFAIK, there is only component that sets the registry value - "User Interface Core". It does it through the component's script (not
from the Resource Registry section).

Anyway, it should work. Can you
- set the option of the "User Interface Core" component
- build the image (don't deploy yet)
- open .DEFAULT registry hive of the image offline (load it with regedit.exe on your XP Pro dev machine) and check if the value
got set to "1"?

If not, you likely got a problem with your XPe database. The only cure I know of would be re-installing the Mantis DB (XPe
database).

--
Regards,
KM
Hi,

I'm trying to change the settings of User Interface Core component in TD so I can display the Run command in the start menu.
Checking the appropriate option in the User Interface Settings has no effect.
I even tried to write my own component that rights directly the registries in
HKUSERS.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowRun 1 and also tried the following key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowRun 1. In both case I still get the same
result, Run command is not displayed.
Obviously some other component is overwritting the User Interface Core registries information at build time. The question is, how
do I find it since there is not registry search in TD.

G

I tried the test you proposed but the value did not get set to 1

So I re-install the Mantis DB and re-apply the patches. Still the same result. Obviously, there is something in my device configuration that cause this. The last thing I am going to try is recreate a new device with minimum components and see if I still get the same result

Thanks

JF

----- KM wrote: ----

JFG

AFAIK, there is only component that sets the registry value - "User Interface Core". It does it through the component's script (no
from the Resource Registry section)

Anyway, it should work. Can yo
- set the option of the "User Interface Core" componen
- build the image (don't deploy yet
- open .DEFAULT registry hive of the image offline (load it with regedit.exe on your XP Pro dev machine) and check if the valu
got set to "1"

If not, you likely got a problem with your XPe database. The only cure I know of would be re-installing the Mantis DB (XP
database)

--
Regards
K
HKUSERS.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowRun 1 and also tried the following ke
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowRun 1. In both case I still get the sam
result, Run command is not displayed

K

KM

JFG,

That sounds weird.

Ok. If you happen to prove that something in your Configuration overwrites the value, you may try to use XPeTools/DependencyExplorer
component from www.xpefiles.com to search for the particular registry entry (Start_ShowRun) in your XPe setup. If it finds any
component and you have it in your configuration, that would be what you're looking for.

--
Regards,
KM
I tried the test you proposed but the value did not get set to 1.

So I re-install the Mantis DB and re-apply the patches. Still the same result. Obviously, there is something in my device
configuration that cause this. The last thing I am going to try is recreate a new device with minimum components and see if I still
get the same result.

Ask a Question