USB2 Drivers stop working when hibernating

Reaction score
Hello all,

When resuming my VIAO laptop from hibernation [i use hibernation all the time] sometimes, i get the really annoying message "This device can perform faster". There are no external devices plugged into the laptop, but i do know that the built-in webcam uses an internal USB port.

When i get this message, my webcam resets its settings and the quality & size drops a lot. Bluetooth stops working, and anything i plug into the USB ports only transfer at USB1 speeds. I have tried reinstalling the USB drivers, the webcam drivers, and all windows updates. The problem is sorted as soon as i restart, but i don't want to restart it as it takes ages (im not sure why, it is a very powerful £1.2k laptop).

If you have any advice, i would much appreciate it. I may end up reformatting it to see if it helps.

Thanks.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Give it a shake ... :thumb:

... err, hang on, that's an Etch-a-sketch ... should still work though.

im not sure why, it is a very powerful £1.2k laptop
What has price got to do with it?

Unplug any USB device, then plug it into another port, then back to its own, if you like.

Complain to MS that when you put your Lappie to sleep, it wont wake-up other devices ... ;)

Hibernation has always been a "hit-n-miss" affair.

Reaction score
Try turning off/disabling you USB devices before hibernation because when windows is preparing to hibernate it turns off the power of some functions such as wireless LAN and USB ports

Ask a Question